Spammers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Have we a (larger than usual) number of dodgy members?

Lots of odd looking names in the 'who has visited today' box, all new, mostly ending in the same few letters, none having made any posts.

This cut and paste to illustrate the point has come out as a formatted list.

1. Apckynaisa,
  2. Aofyynaisa,
  3. Akjronaisa,
  4. latamdatemtt,
  5. Atowunaisa,
  6. Apstdnaisa,
  7. Arkeanaisa,
  8. Arhmvnaisa,
  9. RichardAcida,
  10. Aztrenaisa,
  11. Avdxznaisa,
  12. Aauvpnaisa,
  13. Avytjnaisa,
  14. Aqnoenaisa,
  15. Aesoinaisa,
  16. Emrwynaisa,
  17. JoycePluck,
  18. Ayiionaisa,
  19. Aqcvsnaisa,
  20. Abqifnaisa,
  21. Arspinaisa,
  22. Auvbcnaisa,
  23. Aultynaisa,
  24. Bszrdnaisa,
  25. Qhbownaisa

It’s aliens.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They are the same bloody crew that have discovered one of my email addresses! :cursing:

(Outlook is catching scores of spam emails from 'names' like those every day, all clearly originating from the same source. They all end up in my junkmail folder but that is still a damn nuisance because I have to scan through the junk for false positives, which I normally get 2 or 3 times a week.)

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
They are the same bloody crew that have discovered one of my email addresses! :cursing:

(Outlook is catching scores of spam emails from 'names' like those every day, all clearly originating from the same source. They all end up in my junkmail folder but that is still a damn nuisance because I have to scan through the junk for false positives, which I normally get 2 or 3 times a week.)

This motivated me to make a rare check on my junk email folder.

I have a series of emails titled 'Dating for sex', each from a different young lady.

Much as I would like to think Gerta, Sabine, Katherine, Christa, et al all find me irresistible, I suspect Outlook has called these about right.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member

Me too - and just as well it seems:

upload_2018-6-5_15-54-32.png

Apparently it's important.

Hang on. No, it isn't.

As you were.

ColinJ

I have a series of emails titled 'Dating for sex', each from a different young lady.

Much as I would like to think Gerta, Sabine, Katherine, Christa, et al all find me irresistible, I suspect Outlook has called these about right.
Ha ha. I have managed to set up filters which delete that kind of stuff straight away.

The problem comes with things that Outlook decides for itself to put in junk email. It does that instead of checking my filters so I find things in the junk that I have already specified should be deleted without me seeing them.

For example, delete everything sent from xxxxxxxx.spammer.com, where xxxxxxxx could be any old fake name. Those messages all end up in my junk folder. I waded through 50-60 of them the other day and was about to give up and delete the lot when I spotted a false positive in there which needed to be moved back to my Inbox.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
if you think they are dodgy, just wait until you meet @13 rider on Saturday :rolleyes:

ColinJ

It's @User I'd be most worried about. 55,000 or so posts, the 2nd biggest contributor on here and I can't recall ever reading anything he/she wrote!
That IS a bit strange! :eek:

@Pale Rider it's the would be spammers, we usually catch them at their first post.
Can I amend your thread title, "dodgy members" on the forum could be picked up by Mr G :whistle:
It looks like you missed the other 50,000+ in this case! :laugh:

In other news ... When I went to look, I noticed that with this post I have finally caught up with Arch's post count!

Top Bottom