Spammers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
@Pale Rider it's the would be spammers, we usually catch them at their first post.
Can I amend your thread title, "dodgy members" on the forum could be picked up by Mr G :whistle:

Amend away, although I'm not sure what you mean.

Are these spammers?

They are obviously not genuine new members, but none seem to have posted anything, spam or otherwise.

Most joined in the early hours, as this list of visitors in time order shows:

https://www.cyclechat.net/WhoHasVisited/

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@Pale Rider they are members that register to spam, they will eventually.
As you may know, the first 5 or so posts of new members need to be approved by mods, so we usually manage to delete them before they reach the forum.

classic33

Leg End Member
@Pale Rider it's the would be spammers, we usually catch them at their first post.
Can I amend your thread title, "dodgy members" on the forum could be picked up by Mr G :whistle:
It's a band/group, or so it would appear.

Only 4th 3rd on the list
Dodgy members | CycleChat Cycling Forum https://www.cyclechat.net/.../ dodgy- ... Have we a (larger than usual) number of dodgy members? Lots of odd looking names in the ' who has visited today' box, all new, mostly ending in the...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
@Pale Rider they are members that register to spam, they will eventually.
As you may know, the first 5 or so posts of new members need to be approved by mods, so we usually manage to delete them before they reach the forum.

Ah, that's not set up on the other forum.

Seems to me some wholesale account deletion will be needed.

Levo-Lon

Guru
This motivated me to make a rare check on my junk email folder.

I have a series of emails titled 'Dating for sex', each from a different young lady.

Much as I would like to think Gerta, Sabine, Katherine, Christa, et al all find me irresistible, I suspect Outlook has called these about right.

Me too
Apparently their my neighbours, and see me pass by from time to time.
They want me to pop in for sex as there into it.
They said im cute too, ffs dont think my wife has ever used that term:laugh:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
It's @User I'd be most worried about. 55,000 or so posts, the 2nd biggest contributor on here and I can't recall ever reading anything he/she wrote!
I know who it was, can tell by the posting style, and lack of recent posts so much for being forgotten.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Apparently 973 members have visited CC so far today, which is about 400 more than there usually is. ^_^

I was wondering if all the 'new members' would help CC breach 1,000 for the day.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Well, if people didn't keep bringing it up and accepted that he wasn't interested in this place any more, then he could be forgotten.
Is is a faux Pas talking about it then?

I would have thought a poster going missing who you quite enjoyed reading their POV and be being curious about it is quite normal. Plus not really gone either as per User post.

As I am sure you are aware my post was a double whammy.

Probably in breach of site rules talking about a closed user account anyway...

Reactions: TVC

Pat "5mph"

Mod Note:
As far as I know, there's no provision in the law forbidding the remembrance of former member that want to be forgotten.
@Shaun has 30 days from request to comply with the regal requirements of erasing personal data, not memories: those 30 days have not expired yet.
Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask ^_^

Pat "5mph"

Well @User I'm not at liberty to comment on the delay, but the calendar month has also not passed.
Give my regards to ex-user when you see them, tell them I'm still planning a wee trip to London with BigCat, they can buy me a double espresso any time :biggrin:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
1000 mark breached

upload_2018-6-5_21-7-29.png

Top Bottom