1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spanish irony

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by hubgearfreak, 21 Jan 2008.

1. hubgearfreak

hubgearfreak Über Member

to celebrate the Festival of San Anton, the patron saint of animals, they ride their horses through bonfires.

_44361132_1luminaresgetty416.jpg

2. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Blimey!

3. Pete

Pete Guest

Not heard of that one. Not connected with Las Fallas, the celebrated festival of Valencia which includes a final bonfire night, is it by any chance? Mind you, considering what the Spanish are reputed to do with their animals...

4. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Yeah, I saw that in the paper last week, thought it was a little odd....

Great pic though. Like one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse.

5. bobg

bobg Über Member

Not forgetting the fifth one "Chaos" who left before they were famous and got a job as a milkmans horse :tongue:

6. monnet

monnet Über Member

Ah, Las Fallas, by far the best of all the Spanish festivals. 19 days of fireworks, bangers, firecrackers and topped by a night of all the above and 732 bonfires dotted all around the city centre. Brilliant.

7. monnet

monnet Über Member

I don't know much of San Anton though.

8. Arch

I once though of writing a comic fantasy book about the four horsewomen of the apocalypse, Gossip, Diets, Bitchiness and Knitting.

9. Arch

Oh, and Bob, is that Marine Boy in your avatar?

10. bobg

bobg Über Member

Sure is Arch, I was learning to swim breast stroke properly following some advice from Longers ( which worked - ta L) when somebody mentioned him and I thought - "just the thing" Trouble is Formby Pool wont allow porpoises .....
    BTW I'm more of a Blakes 7 kinda guy really :smile: ( well Cervelan actually)

11. Arch

I remember Marine Boy from Saturday mornings in my youth... I was into Blakes Seven myself, for a while. Being a girl, I was more interested in the blokes. I was introduced to Micheal Keating, who played Vila, in a theatre bar, by someone who just had to tell him how much I'd fancied him when I was 13...;)