spanish irony

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
to celebrate the Festival of San Anton, the patron saint of animals, they ride their horses through bonfires.

_44361132_1luminaresgetty416.jpg

Blimey!

Pete

Not heard of that one. Not connected with Las Fallas, the celebrated festival of Valencia which includes a final bonfire night, is it by any chance? Mind you, considering what the Spanish are reputed to do with their animals...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah, I saw that in the paper last week, thought it was a little odd....

Great pic though. Like one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse.

bobg

Über Member
Arch said:
Yeah, I saw that in the paper last week, thought it was a little odd....

Great pic though. Like one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse.

Not forgetting the fifth one "Chaos" who left before they were famous and got a job as a milkmans horse :tongue:

monnet

Guru
Pete said:
Not heard of that one. Not connected with Las Fallas, the celebrated festival of Valencia which includes a final bonfire night, is it by any chance? Mind you, considering what the Spanish are reputed to do with their animals...

Ah, Las Fallas, by far the best of all the Spanish festivals. 19 days of fireworks, bangers, firecrackers and topped by a night of all the above and 732 bonfires dotted all around the city centre. Brilliant.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bobg said:
Not forgetting the fifth one "Chaos" who left before they were famous and got a job as a milkmans horse :smile:

I once though of writing a comic fantasy book about the four horsewomen of the apocalypse, Gossip, Diets, Bitchiness and Knitting.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh, and Bob, is that Marine Boy in your avatar?

bobg

Über Member
Arch said:
Oh, and Bob, is that Marine Boy in your avatar?

Sure is Arch, I was learning to swim breast stroke properly following some advice from Longers ( which worked - ta L) when somebody mentioned him and I thought - "just the thing" Trouble is Formby Pool wont allow porpoises .....
BTW I'm more of a Blakes 7 kinda guy really :smile: ( well Cervelan actually)

Arch

Married to Night Train
I remember Marine Boy from Saturday mornings in my youth... I was into Blakes Seven myself, for a while. Being a girl, I was more interested in the blokes. I was introduced to Micheal Keating, who played Vila, in a theatre bar, by someone who just had to tell him how much I'd fancied him when I was 13...;)

Top Bottom