Spare rear wheel Boardman Hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markstev27

Hi all
Any advice to where to pick up a spare rear wheel for a Boardman Hybrid bike?

I'm looking for one to use on my new Tacx Trainer during the winter and thought it would be easier than swapping my tyre for a training tyre every time I go on it.

I've checked Ebay but nothing. It's a 700c wheel I need

Cheers

Joffey

Big Dosser
I used to use a normal road tyre on the Turbo - a Conti Gatorskin - it held up well.

CXRAndy

Guru
Hi all
Any advice to where to pick up a spare rear wheel for a Boardman Hybrid bike?

I'm looking for one to use on my new Tacx Trainer during the winter and thought it would be easier than swapping my tyre for a training tyre every time I go on it.

I've checked Ebay but nothing. It's a 700c wheel I need

Cheers

Things to get right.

What bike is it exactly?

1. Skewer type QR or thru axle
  2. Cassette hub type Shimano/SRAM or Capagnolo
  3. Disc or rim- Discs are 135mm spacing, rim wheels usually 130mm Disc, doesn't matter for use only on turbo, you don't even need rotor
  4. Trueness of wheel.
700C- you know this.

Ebay or any other sites, local refuse tips, ask nicely and you may find a perfectly good rear wheel sat waiting to be recycled or saved in your case.

OP
OP
M

markstev27

I was thinking whether it would be easier to just put a training tyre on the existing wheel to use in the winter? My current tyres have a small tred on them so do not want to wear that out

I was thinking whether it would be easier to just put a training tyre on the existing wheel to use in the winter? My current tyres have a small tred on them so do not want to wear that out

Factor in the cost of the new wheel, cassette, tube, tyre and compare that to the price of the tyre that you have already ?

Sharky

Guru
As above

Just use your bike as it is on the turbo.

The cost of a new wheel, tyre and tube plus a new cassette, which may need a new chain, which may lead to needing a new cassette on your good wheel, far exceeds the cost of a replacement tyre should you wear it out.

Plus if alignments aren't exactly the same, you may have to tweak cable tension each time you swap wheels.

Top Bottom