Spare spokes - where to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jakey Rowling

Hi all,

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I am starting to prepare for my first tour in a long time and as part of my tools and spares I am planning on carrying a few extra spokes with me. But where can I buy them and what length do I need? And do I need to buy nipples separately? My wheels are 700c x 32h and spokes are 15g, black with chrome nipples.

Thx

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Hi all,

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I am starting to prepare for my first tour in a long time and as part of my tools and spares I am planning on carrying a few extra spokes with me. But where can I buy them and what length do I need? And do I need to buy nipples separately? My wheels are 700c x 32h and spokes are 15g, black with chrome nipples.

Thx

I did get some form Parker International recently end of line were on special offer

http://www.parker-in...Brand/DT+Swiss/

still do some follow the link.......

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Shop around - you need to know the length which is measured from the threaded end to the elbow of the bend at the other end.

Don't forget -you will need to measure a front spoke and one from each side of the rear wheel.

are the existing spokes double butted?

OP
OP
Jakey Rowling

Jakey Rowling

Shop around - you need to know the length which is measured from the threaded end to the elbow of the bend at the other end.

Don't forget -you will need to measure a front spoke and one from each side of the rear wheel.

are the existing spokes double butted?

No they are plain. I have searched round and have found several sources for 14g spokes, but none so far for 15g...

manalog

Über Member
No they are plain. I have searched round and have found several sources for 14g spokes, but none so far for 15g...

Try
Autostrada Engineering Ltd.​
Cycles, Components, Re-sprays, Frames.
Forge Farm, Forge Lane, Footherley, Shenstone, Staffs WS14 0HU
Tel 01543 438155 / 483224 Fax 01543 483155

Top Bottom