'Spartacus'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

Reactions: C R
ooo, I might watch that.

I've always liked him, but cos I've never had 1-day races on my TV I've rarely seen the best of his races.

(I think he got a road-race medal (i.e. Worlds/Olympics?) once with a really gutsy attack that I *did* see live. it was like no one else in the group actually wanted to win the thing. Awesome! )

That show was far better than it had any right to be. Almost everything about it was terrible, the writing, the accents, the effects, the combat scenes, much of the acting was sub-Neighbours level and the stilted faux-Latin sentence structure was not able to hide that fact.
Yet, somehow, it managed to be very good indeed.

Kryton521

Über Member
I'd say "Thank you *throws pilum through chest*" but I can't be bothered doing the research to see whether pila were in use during the Third Servile War

Oooh that's a very high brow put down! I'd just nail him to a tree and be done! But then, I'm not Spartacus, He is though!!! :secret:

C R

Guru
Okay I'll be first:

I'm Spartacus
And so is my wife!

I couldn't go to bed without checking, I can confirm that yes the manipular system had fallen out of favour by the time of the late Roman republic so the core Roman legionaries that faced up against Spartacus and his pals would indeed be armed with pila, gladii, and scuti, the rest of the armies would be composed of forces from the outer provinces which would retain their own unit structure and loadouts.

So there.

Top Bottom