SPD Sandals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
What about these here -> CLICK ME

1228-3479-full-ss_502-79.jpg

OP
OP
funnymummy

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Cheers Phil x Piemaster posted a link for those, but Wiggle no longer stock them x

Fiona N

Veteran
I've got a pair of Keen sandals (very much like the pedal ones on the middle bottom row, I think) that I use as water shoes (when the need to walk around in water takes me :blush:).

I didn't expect them to be very comfortable - I admit, I bought them because I love the bright orange colour scheme. The sole is solid formed plastic (and stiff) with no 'insole' as such. Ideal as water shoes as they dry instantly you come out of the water but I had my doubts about how far I'd want to walk in them. However, I wore them for three days of sight-seeing in Athens in July - walking miles in the heat every day and no problems (and I'm very prone to blisters - with Birkenstocks and Tevas I have to go through the process of getting blisters to toughen my feet up enough to wear them for any length of time). So as quality footwear I can recommend them - I suspect their attention to detail will mean there's no problem with lack of stiffness in the cycling version either.

I wear the Keen Newport sandals which are similar and I find them excellent. I would thoroughly reccomend and endorse. However I have nt used the Keen SPD sandals. When I tried to get some last year the only place that stocked was BikePlus, but not in my size.

At the moment I think that "Webtogs" is the only UK retailer

OP
OP
funnymummy

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Cheers for all your ideas xx
Been to Brighton today, popped into Cotswold Outdoor, they sell Keens, just not the pedals though, but I wanted to see how they sized up, hate ordering something only to find it too small/big then have all teh hassle of sending it bcak for an exchange etc
So's tried on several pairs of their sandals, they all seemed a little 'roomy' in the size 8. I have just ordered the 7.5 from the Keen website
>
Will let you know how they shape up x

d70ar9

Id be really interested to hear from anyone who has the EXUSTAR SS 502 Sandal - i can't find any reviews online but the price seems quite nice. I would go for the Keen's but i have wide feet which judging from the reviews means they will be either too small or too long.

OP
OP
funnymummy

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Home from work to find a UPS card through my door & my Keens with my neighbour..I have had them on for 30 mins, they seem every comfy, am about to attach the cleats & go for a pedal...Further review to follow

OP
OP
funnymummy

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
OK scrap last post... Grrr!
Cleats that came with my new bike/pedals - been sat in thier little baggy on top of my shelf unit for two weeks, have somehow managed to disapear Grrrrrrrr!

hate that thought they were there then the cleat gremlin comes and move them about !!!! lol
Cleats that came with my new bike/pedals - been sat in thier little baggy on top of my shelf unit for two weeks, have somehow managed to disapear Grrrrrrrr!

funnymummy said:

They'll be under the fridge!
Fridge Suck

OP
OP
funnymummy

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Gremlins.....
I have a naughty pixie that sneaks round my house moving things from room to room, leaving them in vaguely remote & random places, unlike most pixies which are small & dainty, this one is 6'4" and has the grace of a baby hippo!

I found my cleats...On the window in the upstairs bathroom, That would be the bathroom that is the domain of afore mentioned pixie & an area I rarely venture into unless wearing a HazMat suit!

I only went into his lair to rescue small kitten that had got trapped in there - Poor thing has had her olfactory system overloaded by smelly trainers & week old food cartons, she is now traumatised & under-going counselling

They'll be under the fridge!
Fridge Suck
LOL Love it!

Top Bottom