Specialized AirTool Pro new hose?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got one of these.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/spe ... 60#reviews

It was very expensive but has worked well until now.

The hose has broken from the base of the pump and also from the "Smarthead" following my fiddling. The main part of the pump functions fine after I recently greased/serviced it and the "Smarthead" is also still fine. I just need to connect the two bits securely.

Anyone else got one and had the same thing happen?

Are spares available?

If not, any way of fixing it with standard hose bits and connectors of any sort or bits from other manufacturers?

Hawk

Veteran
How old is it? You can prob get Spec to cover a replacement under warranty if you email them nicely enough... :whistle:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Hi

I have this one in yellow. Had it about 7 years and the hose has split twice. Once recently.

You can unscrew (on mine) the hose at the base and at the smarthead. cut out the offending part of the hose then replace, be careful removing / replacing. Soap helps

Id be interested in a spare hose also as mine is on the short side now

You could try St John St cycles, they do lots of spare / obscure parts for pump related things

spec_p_airtoolcomp_grp_08_m.jpg

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Bought it in about 2004 I think - any other pump maybe I'd just think, hey, but another one, but this cost £65 so I expect it to be repairable.
I have emailed Spec for information and will let folks know how I got on with their after-support.

Yahudamoon - I'd be grateful for more info, as I've looked at both ends where any new hose would have to attach and am a bit confused.

>>You can unscrew (on mine) the hose at the base
Mine too - a nice brass fitting that screws in and out of the aluminium base - but the hose is attached to that with a sort of crimped collar that still hold the remnants of the hose. I can see no easy way of removing that, of removing it without wrecking it, and of securing the crimped collar afterwards. Any info gratefully received.

At the smarthead end there appears to be a push-in insert under the silver screw-off cap. This has a sort of nipple on the end but I cannot understand how this will fitting will secure onto the new hose and stay there under any sort of pressure.

Top Bottom