Specialized Allez C2 2014 or Merida Scultura Alloy 901 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The groupset on the Merida is better than the Allez. I had an Allez and really liked it. I upgraded the parts as I could afford them. The frame was very stiff, but I still did plenty of 100mile+ rides on it. I dont think either are bad bikes for the money.

Twotter

I have an Allez C2 but out of the two choices I'd go for the Merida, partly for the 9 speed Sora and partly for the carbon fork.

OP
OP
levipadre

levipadre

Another quick question.
I just realized, there are two version of this bike, tour and race.
I see that the frame is different, but I don't know, what mean's that exactly.
Is the race version made for athletes, racers?
Basically I just want to use on the roads going through the town.

The Scultura 901 frame looks a bit better for me, but I don't want to be ride uncomfortably.

Tour:
http://2014.merida-bikes.com/en_int/bikes/road/tour/2014/ride-91-347.html

Race:
http://2014.merida-bikes.com/en_int/bikes/road/race/2014/scultura-901-325.html

vickster

Legendary Member
They are different bikes. One the scutura 901, one the ride 91 looking at the links. The scultura will have a more aggressive, head down, bum up geometry, likely a shorter head tube if you look at the numbers

Go test ride and see which is better for you. You may also wish to consider the possibility to fit mudguards and a pannier rack if to be used in all weathers, for commuting

OP
OP
levipadre

levipadre

Thank you vickster! I heard the same thing from other people.
The mudguards is a really good idea, I will definitely buy one.

vickster

Legendary Member
The mudguards is a really good idea, I will definitely buy one.
You'll want two, one front, one rear :smile:

jack smith

Veteran
The allez os a top class bike i loved mine infact i still havent beaten most of my personal records set on it the merida has a better spec though but the allez would be the best long term investmemt imo

Jhey

I recently got the Allez C2 & Loving it. It looks nice, handles good, shifts good, stock tyres ain't bad, you'll get a lot of miles out of them.

Steampig

Im just about to put up for sale my red allez sport 2014. Its the model above the one in your link it has a full sora groupset. It has shimano clipless mtb pedals, two elite bottle cages and altura saddle bag. Cost me just a smidge over £800 14 months ago and is in excellent condition. Looking for about £450 for the lot (my new bike is i different colour so the colour coded stuff wont work with the new bike) im leaving the pedals on as im going to road pedals........come to think of it i might throw in the shoes if you needed em. Frame size 56 and shoes are a uk 9. Ill be posting the bike in the for sale in a couple of hours if once ive had tea :thumbsup:

My mate has a Merida Ride and he loves it and i have to declare, like the merida advertising suggests, it was an awful lot of bike for the money.

afanjack

I started out on an allez and actually went to a merida. Granted the allez I had was entry level, and I am now riding a full carbon ride 94 merida. Putting aside the difference in groupset, the merida is a much nicer bike to ride and would recommend it over a specialized every day of the week (nothing against specialized).

Top Bottom