Specialized Allez SOLD SUBJECT TO PAYMENT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Unsure of age but after a bit of digging looks to be a 2006/7 http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/sp/specialized-allez-double-2006-road-bike.jpg .

Silver with contrasting decals in good condition but some storage related marks . No stickers for frame size or build date . Measurements are 58 cm or 23" from centre of crank to top of seat tube , and 58 cm or 23" ctc along the top tube , with a headtube measurement of 24cm or 9 1/2" . Standover height at saddle end is 79.5cm or 31 1/4" and 87 cm or 34 1/4" at the front end .

All std spec ie Fact carbon forks , 2 sets of bottle cage mounts but no cage's , 46 cm wide bars with 120 mm stem , Fizik Arione cx saddle . Wheels are Campagnolo Khamsin wheels that look hardly used and are fitted with a set of lightly used Continental Grand prix 4000s 700 x 23 tyres .

Gearing is 2 x 11 speed Shimano Ultrega all round this is all date coded 2013/4 and hardly used as per the rest of the bike , slight scuff on front sti lever .Seat post is a Promax unit and looks to be a carbon affair

Being honest i was told by previous and from as far as i can tell the original owner that the bike was a couple of years old and he hadnt changed or upgraded anything , but i cant match the spec at all in any of the archive catalogue's .I am pretty confident now that its a 2006/7 year model that has had a recent update for what ever reason .

Asking £265 collected from Wellingborough nn8 post code or could be posted to most uk post codes for an extra £25 as long as i can get a box big enough .

IMG_20170816_061721353.jpg IMG_20170816_063124512.jpg IMG_20170816_063134266.jpg IMG_20170816_063127403.jpg IMG_20170816_063137984.jpg IMG_20170816_063144131.jpg

Last edited:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
bargain.

vickster

Legendary Member
Did you check its provenance, i.e. That it wasn't stolen. All sounds a tad fishy from the original owner ??

GLWS

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
That's not the original spec though, and You said he was the original owner? Maybe I misunderstood

I can only go with what i was told and all of it looks to have equal amounts of wear ie very little

and if the wheels , chainset etc etc were replaced then i would expect to see a bit more wear and tear on the frame and other components

vickster

Legendary Member
There's a 1001 plausible reasons why an original owner may not have a receipt though ;)
But having a bike that has a totally different spec to the original and not remembering changing anything

Link added above, 2013 sport came with sora. At least it's not the black variant ;)

Anyhow, as I said, GLWS

But having a bike that has a totally different spec to the original and not remembering changing anything

Link added above, 2013 sport came with sora. At least it's not the black variant ;)

Anyhow, as I said, GLWS
I very much doubt whoever biggs bought it off bought it new, that's not to imply anything out of order, just that it would explain not having changed anything :okay:

Anyhoo, I knew you'd happy it wasn't black though :laugh:

broady

Veteran
Have you checked the frame number?
The brakes don't look like 6800 version to me, or are they not ultegra?

I have a friend that might be interested

vickster

Legendary Member
I very much doubt whoever biggs bought it off bought it new, that's not to imply anything out of order, just that it would explain not having changed anything :okay:

Anyhoo, I knew you'd happy it wasn't black though :laugh:
Biggs said the seller was the original owner, which is why I'm confused...and a bit suspicious

Top Bottom