Specialized Allez SOLD SUBJECT TO PAYMENT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cp40Carl

Über Member
I'm not an authority on this, although do own a Specialized Allez myself, but all of the Allez models I've seen have a very distinctive curved and slightly tapered top tube. The picture you posted does not appear to have that distinctive top tube so I am a little suspicious about the frame being genuine.

However, as I say, I'm not an expert and stand to be corrected by more knowledgable members of this forum.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's still a bargain. Waayyyy to big for me though !

fossyant

The Allez has been around a long time (over 20 years), the curved top tubes just mean its not from the last few years, so I'm saying a bit older than expected, but so what ?

Cp40Carl

Über Member
The Allez has been around a long time (over 20 years), the curved top tubes just mean its not from the last few years, so I'm saying a bit older than expected, but so what ?

Yes but there is a reference in the original post to the bike possibly being only about 2yrs old. Mine is about 7yrs old and still has the tapered top tube. My advice would be to find a picture of an Allez with that frame shape on a credible internet site.

gam001

Über Member
That's not the original spec though, and You said he was the original owner? Maybe I misunderstood

Looks like 2013 sport, sora originally

https://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Specialized/Allez-Sport-Int-C2-Road-Bike-2013/1D82
Bike might have been bought as a "custom build", i.e. bike shop builds an unsold frameset with other unsold parts (usually of a similar cost bracket) and then sells as a full new bike.
I have bought a bike like this before from a Scott dealer, with full warranty on everything just like the ones with the usual spec.

fossyant

It's still a bargain for an older frameset (in excellent condition) and newer groupset. I saw an old battered Raleigh Equipe on sale in a second hand bike shop near work for £130. It was possibly that much 30 years ago brand new.

Biggs682 is a well respected member here, and sells lots of older bikes. Looks a great buy.

vickster

Legendary Member
Bike might have been bought as a "custom build", i.e. bike shop builds an unsold frameset with other unsold parts (usually of a similar cost bracket) and then sells as a full new bike.
I have bought a bike like this before from a Scott dealer, with full warranty on everything just like the ones with the usual spec.
I'm not aware of the Allez being sold as a frameset though? And not that frame since 11 speed Ultegra came out (only a couple of years)

Looking again at the decals and frame shape, doesn't look really like the 2013 I linked before
https://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Specialized/Allez-Sport-Int-C2-Road-Bike-2013/1D82

vickster

Legendary Member
It's still a bargain for an older frameset (in excellent condition) and newer groupset. I saw an old battered Raleigh Equipe on sale in a second hand bike shop near work for £130. It was possibly that much 30 years ago brand new.

Biggs682 is a well respected member here, and sells lots of older bikes. Looks a great buy.
I'm not saying it's not, just that it's likely not 3 years old, an original spec from its first owner

Caveat emptor

fossyant

Vickster it wasn't you I was replying to. The earlier seller would have built it up like that.

Top Bottom