Specialized Allez/Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roscoe

Veteran
Hello,

Currently considering a 2015 model Allez from Evans. The Allez Sport is £150 extra, which I could stretch to.

Main differences on the Sport are Carbon forks, Axis 1.0 brakes rather than Tektra and 9 speed Sora groupset rather than 8 speed Calris.

I've decided it's the Specialized I want, however, do you think the Sport is worth the extra £150?

Cheers
Ross

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I would personally definitely want a carbon fork and as many gears as I could get (8 spd is a bit old skool for modern road bikes). If you can stretch the 150 then yes, go for it.

I expect others to come and say that 8 spd is acceptable but imho 9 spd would be the bare minimum I would expect from a new road bike.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
The overall range is likely to be the same but the more gears you have the more it will feel like a road bike and less like a tractor when changing gears ;-)

I think the single biggest reason for the upgrade is for the carbon fork though. Essential to limit numb hands and cut down road buzz.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes...carbon forks and more gears :smile: I assume you've test ridden both properly in the right size, which is easy peasy with Evans :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Don't Evans do Interest Free credit? But make sure you insure the bike properly for it's full value, especially if buying on the Never Never.

Top Bottom