Specialized Allez update.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have booked my Specialized Allez, now 7 years old, to have new Shifters and Claris derailleur for next week. The new parts should come by the end of week. Photos of before and after to follow when job done. The Allez is the first road bike I purchased when I decided to take up cycling after giving up on Big Scooters at age 60. No regrets.

Reactions: gbb

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Why the change?

Still running 8yr old shifters on my hybrid (Deore 9spd) after over 19000 all weather miles and hoping to move them to another bike if i can find a suitable frame.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Why the change?

Still running 8yr old shifters on my hybrid (Deore 9spd) after over 19000 all weather miles and hoping to move them to another bike if i can find a suitable frame.
The present system is the basic Shimano one which is not always precise or smooth. I have Claris on my Cube Peloton and it is much better.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'm not sure we really need pictures of new shifters, whilst it will probably make your shifting better, it's hardly a aethestic revolution.

I tightened the yale lock on my door this morning.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I'm not sure we really need pictures of new shifters, whilst it will probably make your shifting better, it's hardly a aethestic revolution.

I tightened the yale lock on my door this morning.
Pics?

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Got my Allez back today. Here is the before and after update: In each picture, the before is the top photo.
SAM_2241.JPG
SAM_2359.JPG
SAM_2240.JPG
SAM_2360.JPG

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks good. doesn't move from the vintage.

Still have my vintage stuff. And it will stay there...

PS mine is from 30 years ago.... I still match kit on 3 of the bikes.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

I have Claris on my cx bike , sure there is better out there but I find , it just works, no problem, how do you like it
I like it on my Cube but haven't been out on the Allez yet. I should think it will be the same. The old Shimano was not very quick or precise enough in my opinion.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

The weather is very good today so, at about 4.30, I decided to try out my new revamped Allez. I did 14 miles and am delighted with my new set up. The gears are more positive which in turn, makes the bike more responsive. It feels like a new bike without the cost. Overall, I would say it was money well spent and have no regrets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom