Specialized Allez

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickNick

I'm doing this in slightly the wrong order to say the least, as I've already bought the frame, but... does anyone have any experience with them?

To give a bit of background, I'm currently riding an awful Ammaco XRS700, its crap, but a mate gave it to me for free and its given me the road cycling bug, so can't really complain. I explain in this thread (https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/square-taper-bottom-bracket-problems-seized-bent-cup.224984/) the issues with my current bike.

I've been upgrading the components over time to a Tiagra groupset and some shimano wheels and the plan was to save up over next year or so, buy a decent frame, swap the components over, then at some point upgrade those components to ultegra.

Should I stick with that plan and use this as a stop gap frame, or is it good enough to be worth upgrading the components on and to stick with on more long term basis?

Its only cost me £37.60 so was a cheap gamble.

s-l1600.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
What's wrong with the Tiagra, perfectly good

OP
OP
NickNick

NickNick

What's wrong with the Tiagra, perfectly good

True, although I would quite like to upgrade to di2 electric shifting at some point, either way that side of it isn't a priority, more a case of if I see good second hand deal at some point in future when have some cash to spare.

My main concern is around the frame and whether I would gain much from changing it in future or if its good enough to stick with for mid to long term (it's all been a bit rushed so haven't done my usual research)

vickster

Legendary Member
Don't know if that frame would be compatible. Make a good winter bike though alongside N+1

Top Bottom