Specialized Crosstrail versus Diamondback Edgewood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PedroD

Hello everyone...brand new here and am starting to ride in advance of a Backroads trip we are taking in a few weeks. We will be on hybrid bikes and relatively low mileage rides...so it won't be too extreme.

I'm looking at picking up a used hybrid to get used to riding again. I have access to a Specialized Crosstrail and a Diamondback Edgewood that I am looking at. The Specialized is a 2009 or 2010 model, but in good shape. Not sure the year on the Edgewood, but am guessing it is 6-8 years old.

Pricing is pretty similar, with the Specialized running a bit less and I feel like it might be a better bike compared to the Diamondback...but I really don't have much to base that opinion on. I think there were a couple of versions of the Crosstrail, and I think this is the most basic/lowest one. Both have caliper style breaks.

Any thoughts between the two bikes? Thanks in advance!!!!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Bit like buying a house but instead of location, location, location it's condition condition, condition, if it's 12 years old.
If the Diamondback is the one without suspension fork I'd go for that and the Crosstrail has one so I'd avoid, given everything else is equal including being your size.

Top Bottom