Specialized handlebar size?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeIow

Guru
Hi there,
I'm a sucker for a gadget, and whilst I like bar ends, I've come across Spirgrips (kickstarter, yes, may never appear, don't judge me :laugh:) which look to offer the flat bar another alternative position....

Anyway, long story short, I have ordered a Specialized Sirrus X 3.0 (R2W - sight unseen), but am not too clear about the bar sizes.

The pictures look like regular ~22mm near the grips & perhaps the 31.8mm in the centre, as is fairly normal...but the Specialized site only states "Stout Mini Rise, alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 15mm rise, 31.8mm".

Is anyone here able to confirm the size please?

& any comments on the bike generally would be of interest. Make 'em positive, I've placed the order now (so little to chose from this year, we are limited to using Evans - staff lovely, available choice shocking this year :sad:)
Cheers!

OP
OP
mikeIow

mikeIow

Guru
To answer my own question....the Spirgrips folk replied to the question to confirm the Sirrus was 22mm, samw as my old Trek :okay:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
The Sirrus bars taper so unless you fit them right next to the grips you will need to level the thickness. I tend to wrap a bit of old inner tube on mine for light brackets and the such.

Top Bottom