Specialized Roubaix - Fact 10r vs Fact 11r frames?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Huggis

Hi I’m looking for advice on the difference between these frames. Current 2017/18 version with the futureshock? Any perceivable difference in the ride?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
There are a few videos on YouTube.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi I’m looking for advice on the difference between these frames. Current 2017/18 version with the futureshock? Any perceivable difference in the ride?
Ride them yourself and see. Doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks ultimately :smile:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think you need to try it. Don't know if there is any damping, seems not, so bouncing down the road might not be everyone's cuppa.

I think you need to try it. Don't know if there is any damping, seems not, so bouncing down the road might not be everyone's cuppa.
It doesn't bounce down the road, just nicely smooths out the crap UK road surfaces. I've only had mine (a 10R Comp) and so far I reckon it's great. Roads around here that I used to dread getting vibrated to death on hold no horrors now. Futureshock + 28mm tyres.
To the OP, no idea if the 11R would feel any different to 10R but I somehow doubt many people could tell any difference.

Oldbloke

Guru
It doesn't bounce down the road, just nicely smooths out the crap UK road surfaces. I've only had mine (a 10R Comp) and so far I reckon it's great. Roads around here that I used to dread getting vibrated to death on hold no horrors now. Futureshock + 28mm tyres.
To the OP, no idea if the 11R would feel any different to 10R but I somehow doubt many people could tell any difference.

+1, no bouncing at all on mine either, plus 10r frame comes with 11r fork...

bpsmith

Veteran
Been looking around for a fargain bike or frameset. Seen a few Roubaix and the S-Works version. Just out of interest, what’s the black triangular rubber/plastic boy all about at the bottom bracket area?

Been looking around for a fargain bike or frameset. Seen a few Roubaix and the S-Works version. Just out of interest, what’s the black triangular rubber/plastic boy all about at the bottom bracket area?

It's a Road Swat Storage Box https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/road-kit/p/131078?color=235027-131078
Standard on a couple of the high end versions and available as an add-on.

OP
OP
H

Huggis

Thanks for the opinions. Going to build one up around the Fact 10r frame and see how I get on. Not able to get test rides anywhere.

zak3737

Über Member
I have a 2015 Comp Roubaix, which I love, but I was drooling over the current model with front shock just yesterday, felt good, and the shop said that they fit an appropriate spring setup to match rider weight etc. Reviews say its fantastic, at least for most of us that want a normal ride and arent racing.

I have a 2015 Comp Roubaix, which I love, but I was drooling over the current model with front shock just yesterday, felt good, and the shop said that they fit an appropriate spring setup to match rider weight etc. Reviews say its fantastic, at least for most of us that want a normal ride and arent racing.
In fact it comes with 3 springs - Hard, Medium and Soft. The shop should fit the one most appropriate for the buyer... for most i suspect that will be the Medium.... that's what I have fitted and I'm around 68kg. Changing the spring is easy so experimenting between springs is easy as is changing them stem height.

D j k

Does any think the new Roubaix is heavy, I have just purchased a 2018 model. I have a giant propel too which is significantly lighter, I was hoping for something around the same weight , any one upgraded a Roubaix Expert to save weight

Oldbloke

Guru
Does any think the new Roubaix is heavy, I have just purchased a 2018 model. I have a giant propel too which is significantly lighter, I was hoping for something around the same weight , any one upgraded a Roubaix Expert to save weight

My 2017 Roubaix Comp is certainly heavier than the 2012 Expert it replaced, although both are 10r frames. The difference I put down to the disc brakes, which I'm told add around 500 grms, the CBL-GBLR seat post & the Futureshock. All 3 make for a better ride with no speed penalty so worth the difference IMO.

You'd probably save some weight with upgrading the wheels.

I had a Propel too, certainly lighter than the Roubaix but couldn't get on with it & sold it after a few months.

Top Bottom