1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Specialized Roubaix - Fact 10r vs Fact 11r frames?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Huggis, 13 Mar 2018 at 20:15.

1. Huggis

Huggis Active Member

Hi I’m looking for advice on the difference between these frames. Current 2017/18 version with the futureshock? Any perceivable difference in the ride?
  2. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

Accra, Ghana
    There are a few videos on YouTube.
  3. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Ride them yourself and see. Doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks ultimately :smile:
  4. Fonze

Fonze Totally obsessive , cool by nature

5. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

Accra, Ghana
    I think you need to try it. Don't know if there is any damping, seems not, so bouncing down the road might not be everyone's cuppa.
  6. MasterDabber

MasterDabber Well-Known Member

It doesn't bounce down the road, just nicely smooths out the crap UK road surfaces. I've only had mine (a 10R Comp) and so far I reckon it's great. Roads around here that I used to dread getting vibrated to death on hold no horrors now. Futureshock + 28mm tyres.
    To the OP, no idea if the 11R would feel any different to 10R but I somehow doubt many people could tell any difference.
  7. Oldbloke

Oldbloke Guru

Mayenne, France
    +1, no bouncing at all on mine either, plus 10r frame comes with 11r fork...
    MasterDabber likes this.
  8. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

Been looking around for a fargain bike or frameset. Seen a few Roubaix and the S-Works version. Just out of interest, what’s the black triangular rubber/plastic boy all about at the bottom bracket area?
  9. MasterDabber

MasterDabber Well-Known Member

It's a Road Swat Storage Box https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/road-kit/p/131078?color=235027-131078
    Standard on a couple of the high end versions and available as an add-on.
  10. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran