Specialized Ruby Elite stolen in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
There isn't any size given on the advert so you can't tell anyway.

Hamishjcb

Frame size of 2008 Ruby

I know what the frame size is because I asked the eBay vendor yesterday (before I knew it was hooky and because I wanted to bid on it if it was my size!)... And I've had a response from the vendor.

Crankarm

Guru
Surely you could go visit to try it for size before you bid? If it's yours walk away with it. For back up tell plod you are armed and going to collect your bike at ...... That will guarantee their attendance. I would, seriously.

HobbesChoice

TTCycle, could you not make sure you're the winning bidder, pay by credit card (even through paypal) and then get your credit card company to reverse the payment once you have the bike and can prove it is your original bike?

It just seems so frustrating that there's no actual help with these cases!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but IIRC you were insured, yes?
Is your insurance company perhaps interested in recovering the bike they've paid out for?

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi everyone- just on here briefly

Got a lot on at the moment, just trying to sort loads of stuff out so and this is the first time you'll hear it form me, the bike just isn't a priority at the moment so not able to devote much time to this.
I would maybe consider the burly option but if it can be sorted legitimately then that's cool as Potsy said I have had a replacement will see. Frustrating as it is to see my bike go from under my nose...will have to see what happens.

hamishjcb - the frame size should be 51cm iirc but last time they misdescribed the sizing.

Top Bottom