Specialized Sirrus SL4 LTD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bananshee

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and I need a some advice on a bike I'm about to purchase.

I'm looking at Specialized Sirrus SL4 Limited Edition, 2013. It's at a Specialized distributor. The bike is pretty much new, condition 9/10. Someone purchased, used a couple of times and swapped for a different bike for some reason. Here are the specs:

Components:

Frame: Specialized SL4 Limited Edition 107 of 300 16.7Lbs

Fork: Carbon Fact With Zertz Inserts

Rims/Wheels: Roval 35 Rapide SL

Hubs: Roval

Headset: FSA

Tires: Specialized Espoir Elite 700x25

Crankset: Specialized Fact Cabon 50/34T

Front Derailleur: Di2 Shimano Ultegra

Rear Derailleur: Di2 Shimano Ultegra

Shifters: K-Edge Electronic Shifters

Handlebars: Specialized S-Works Carbon Fact 720

Stem: Specialized 75mm

Brake Levers: Box Cube Three

Brakes: Axis 2.0

Seatpost: Carbon S-Works Cobl Gobl-R

Saddle: Carbon Fact Specialized Romin Evo

Limited edition Specialized Sirrus SL4 road hybrid/touring bike. Only 300 produced

I'm planning to use the bike for fitness cycling, mainly around town. I might switch the tires for something slightly thicker, since the pavement where I live isn't perfect...

My main concern is the Shimano Ultegra Di2 system. Given that the bike has been in the shop for a few years, do you think the battery health would be seriously deteriorated by now? I checked on ebay and a new one is around USD 280. Shall I be concerned about the age of the bike? It really is in mint condition, but for some reason it's been in the shop for 7 years now

The dealer is offering me the bike at USD 2,200.

Any comments and advice on the future purchase would be greatly appreciated!
Here are some photos of another Sirrus that has been previously on sale, for reference.
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2526895/

My opinion, you can get a brand new Sirrus X 5.0 for $1900, it doesn't have the Di2 but how important is that?
Also, it has 38mm tyres so another saving there.
Different gearing but I think it would be ideal for what you want.
$2200 sounds a little rich for a 7 year old bike to me, fancy though it is.
I have a 2001 Sirrus Comp ( only the frame and crankset original now ) it's light and fast and brilliant for ripping around town

OP
OP
B

bananshee

My opinion, you can get a brand new Sirrus X 5.0 for $1900, it doesn't have the Di2 but how important is that?
Also, it has 38mm tyres so another saving there.
Different gearing but I think it would be ideal for what you want.
$2200 sounds a little rich for a 7 year old bike to me, fancy though it is.
I have a 2001 Sirrus Comp ( only the frame and crankset original now ) it's light and fast and brilliant for ripping around town
Thank you!

Top Bottom