Specialized Sirrus Sport Vs Trek 7.2FX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

The Elite is a great bike and my goto bike in my stable. Havn't had to change any cables yet, but the old trick of taping the new one to the old and pulling through should be fine.

vickster

Legendary Member
The Elite gets you the carbon forks (or used to) and bar ends, which will both add to comfort on the roads

OP
OP
I

insurin

update:

I got the Specialized Sirrus Comp 2nd hand but brand new if you know what I mean. I have been to work and back today and it feels great. It's a bit of a longer reach than the Trek and not quite as upright which is perfect for me. The brakes are fantastic, they feel much better that the disc brakes on the Trek. I don't know if it's because the pads on disc brakes need some sort of bedding in.
This will be my commuting bike and not my tourer now. I am getting another bike for touring.

cheers

OP
OP
I

insurin

Why not use it for touring rather than getting into more debt (as other thread and C2W)
Initially when I bought it, that was the plan. I bought the bike and then work announced C2W. I would not have got the Sirrus if I knew C2W was happening. I could sell the Sirrus but I really like it. Getting a good tourer means I will have something tangible at the end of it. I can sell it or the Sirrus If I needed to. If I don't get anything, i'll just spend my money and have nothing to show for it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Fair enough. Just make sure you insure the C2W bike (especially if in Liverpool :ohmy: ) ...you'll still have to pay for it, even if no longer in your possession

Soup890

Crazy
Sirrus definitely more sporty than the trek. The trek is a more typical rigid hybrid I'd say, certainly no MTB and light and quick, but not a road bike. Although that could be helped with skinnier smoother tyres. The Sirrus is essentially the secteur road bike with flatbar. However, in the case of both, if you are looking for a road bike, get a road bike :-)

Do you have an Evans close by, go get a test ride on the Sirrus. The frame geometry is the same on the whole range I think, go higher up, you get a carbon fork, you may get bar ends, better gearing etc
Specialzed all day everyday minus the faults

Top Bottom