Specialized Tarmac SL6 vs Trek Domane SL5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Dispatch in late October for a 54 :okay:
Gives the OP more time to save
Sigma are supposed to getting stock in March. We'll see.

Lucabike

Regular
I can see that the Giant Defy Advanced 1 is £2299 which has an Ultegra groupset. I can't get over the hideous green colour of the frame. What an odd colour for a road bike frame!

View attachment 558456
I actually quite like dark green bikes, my first ever bike, an atala fixie roadbike was darkgreen, looked a bit like this
1611267195864.png

Lucabike

Regular
Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra is £2700:
View attachment 558469

But again I don't like the frame colour. I'm starting to think that Specialized and Trek are overpriced.
Never heard of Ribble or Dolan. I was only considering the major manufacturers: Giant, Specialized, Cannondale, Trek and Canyon
Ribble have finally started making mountain bikes recently with the HT Ti and the HT 725, Ti is an overkill, but really good value and a great bike whereas its hardtail companion is overpriced and heavy.
Its had a great time with roadbikes however.

vickster

Legendary Member
He’s not been on the forum since start Feb so you may not hear back depending on whether has notifications set up

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
£200 a month on aftershave.........i smell something and it aint aftershave lol

Steve_S1

Regular
I know it's an old post, but for what it's worth I just bought the Speccy Tarmac SL6 105 and I LOVE it! After owning more bikes than I care to remember, this instantly felt right...just the perfect balance of comfort and speed. Only ridden it twice so far but today I did an 85km club ride and smashed a bunch of PRs, including several climbs where it eclipsed my previous best efforts. At the end of the ride I didn't feel tired either, which says something (normally I feel knackered after such a ride). I would totally recommend the SL6.

Top Bottom