Specialized tyres any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philk56

Guru
Hi all. I am now the proud owner of a Secteur Sport but have read some variable comments on the forum about Specialized tyres. The bike is equipped with Specialized All Condition Sport tyres. I am shortly embarking on a ride to France, including some possible semi off-road stuff along the Route Vert. Will the tyres be up to the job or should I look for something more reliable?
Thanks

Rebel Ian

Hi all. I am now the proud owner of a Secteur Sport but have read some variable comments on the forum about Specialized tyres. The bike is equipped with Specialized All Condition Sport tyres. I am shortly embarking on a ride to France, including some possible semi off-road stuff along the Route Vert. Will the tyres be up to the job or should I look for something more reliable?
Thanks

I have used Spesh All-Condition tyres on two bikes and never suffered a puncture. I do alwaays run them at the highest pressure however. That said a riding partner of mine bought a Spesh with these on and has suffered with a ridiculous amount of flats.

As for the Avenue Vert, if that's the one out of Dieppe I thought it was tarmacced?

OP
OP
philk56

philk56

Guru
Thanks. I believe with punctures if you have semi-decent tyres then a lot of it comes down to luck. And also not thoroughly checking your tyre after you have had a puncture, to avoid repeats. Having got through three years puncture-free with Marathon Plus's on my Marin hybrid I'm hoping to keep up the record.

Yes, I understand most of the route is tarmac so hopefully it will be fairly smooth.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I have the same bike with the same tyres. I have only done around 500 miles on the bike but no issues whatsoever.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've done a little over 2000 miles on the same tyres, about half being London commuting. I had one visit from the fairy three days after taking delivery of the bike. A one inch nail through the side wall. Apart from that, I've been lucky. That said, she'll probably visit me this afternoon.

Norm

How off-road is the off-road stuff? I've got the same bike and I've covered about 960 miles, with about half a dozen punctures in that time. I'd be wary of taking them off road for any distance, especially if it's wet, but, if you are going to, then pump them up to the max and carry a good PRK. :biggrin:

Top Bottom