Speed Awareness Course "Participants"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down

I used to work for an organisatin, part of which did assessments for blidn registration.

We occasionally got people registered blind driving in.

I also assessed someone for DLA once. The bloke had something like 30% loss of vision in the same area of both eyes. He said that it wasn't a problem when he was driving as that was where the passenger-side dashboard was in his line of sight.

Can't you train a labrador to drive, they are a damn site more intelligent that a chav and chavs drive.

PBancroft

Graham O said:
Lunch break? You must be joking. 3 hours, 60 quid and that's it. Okay, some of them are just guilty of a moments lack of attention, which all of us are capable of. However, it is the really stupid ones which get me going and frighten me. And the old ones. Just had one of them asking for directions. Very elderly, probably late 70's and needs 2 sticks to walk with. Sorry old fella, but should you really be driving?

I like to think that, if I reach certain ability (or lack thereof), I'll be prepared to give up my car quietly or at least retake the test.

I do wonder if I actually would though.

There used to be a Troll form "Elsewhere" on the old C+ website who had done an advanced course which had introduced a superb system called "COAST" that meantthey could travel at speeds greater thanthe speed limit safely.

After much pushing and prodding to substantiate this "magic" system they produced................ a certificate of attendance from a Speed Awareness Course. They had simply taken the first letter of each item on the tick list and promoted it as a national system that allowed safe speeding! (Oops nearly gave it away)

Methinks the point was lost upon this particular individual.

Top Bottom