Speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
We often have riders wondering how to get faster with a variety of answers. Having read that Froome was clocked at 110 kph on a downhill stretch during yesterdays TT how many have the balls for that - not me. 110 is the legal speed limit on highways here - on a bike downhill - not for me.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I thought the title was drug related.
I started to get my wallet out.

h1udd

Pffft .... The thread just reminds me I bought the wrong bike .... Should have gone for a dropped bar so I could get more speeds :sad:

steve50

Disenchanted Member
My fastest recorded speed was 57.3mph , the speed didn't bother me, it was trying to slow down as the bottom of the hill and a T-junction rapidly approached that got me a little concerned.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I've no problem with descending at speed, I just apply common sense to when I do it. damp//greasy/leafy/windy/potentially icy roads I treat very differently.

Confidence in equipment and in yourself helps an awful lot too.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Good grief. I don't feel quite so impressed with my 53mph pb anymore.
110kph is only about 10mph more than you rode.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
We often have riders wondering how to get faster with a variety of answers. Having read that Froome was clocked at 110 kph on a downhill stretch during yesterdays TT how many have the balls for that - not me. 110 is the legal speed limit on highways here - on a bike downhill - not for me.
Whilst perched on the top tube too.

I can do that...hold my pint

Top Bottom