Speeding cyclist, Richmond Park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I genuinely don't mean to exaggerate what you have said, or put words in your mouth, but a motorist could also say "It's hardly the crime of the century to go a bit faster than 30mph". Roads are for people, not contraptions. Parks are for people, not contraptions. Cyclists are permitted to use them as long as we do so considerately and lawfully. Even if I don't agree with the 20mph limit, I keep to it.

You are probably the only cyclist who has ever gone down one of the Richmond Park Hills at 20mph or below.

And cyclists are people, too.

snorri

Legendary Member
41MPH, I could do better :laugh:
A couple of things: 1) There is no law about speeding on a bike - how did the prosecution happen? Was it cycling ferociously? Anyone? Bueller?
2) Why did he admit it? I would have said: "Was I. Sorry, but I don't have a speedometer. " .
You sound like one of these cyclists that give the rest of us a bad name, I bet you jump red lights and cycle on pavements too:angry:.

^_^

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
The park is 20mph and you bloody mamils should grow up a bit !

:giggle:

Eurostar

Guru
No - there is no speed limit applying to bicycles in Royal Parks. The regulations were amended in 2010 to make it clear that speed limits applied only to motor vehicles. Even the Royal parks have confirmed that to the media...

He cannot have been convicted for an offence which does not exist. I think it's probably poor reporting and he was convicted of something like careless or inconsiderate cycling.
Could people home in on this point pls. Less blather, moar facts!

PK99

Legendary Member
I regularly ride in the park and regularly break the speed limit - when there are no cars or pedestrians. But 41mph when the road is busy with cars is just taking the p1ss.

Top Bottom