Speedy Gonzalez

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
The long hot summer in the UK we've been having seems to have resulted in me being faster and fitter than in my previous 10 years of riding (when I got a new road bike at 40).

Hills are a doddle, speed and extra power seem to be on tap all the time.

I've been on my bike almost every day since January, riding in to work, lunch rides, weekend rides, etc etc - Can't get enough.

Anyone else experiencing the benefits of this long hot summer in the UK ?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Maybe the general feel good factor is having the desired effect .

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

[QUOTE 5319571, member: 43827"]No, you b*stard.

I 've been recovering from spinal fusion surgery since early April and have missed the best cycling weather I can remember, I am unfit and fed up.......and envious of you.[/QUOTE]

oops. I was supposed to ease off as I have a hernia, but it's not getting any worse. Sorry for your predicament.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
oops. I was supposed to ease off as I have a hernia, but it's not getting any worse. Sorry for your predicament.
Aren't you going to get it fixed? I had one down below for 10 years then it got so bad in terms of pain and embarrassment that i had it fixed last July. I felt loads better after the month of post op swelling had died down. Now i'm waiting to have the other side done though i hope it's nearer the end of summer,even autumn wll do as i don't want to be laid up for a month while we're having this nice weather.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

Aren't you going to get it fixed? I had one down below for 10 years then it got so bad in terms of pain and embarrassment that i had it fixed last July. I felt loads better after the month of post op swelling had died down. Now i'm waiting to have the other side done though i hope it's nearer the end of summer,even autumn wll do as i don't want to be laid up for a month while we're having this nice weather.

I am awaiting FUNDING from the NHS - they stopped doing the ops recently so it has to go through a few hoops. SI called the hospital yesterday as they are being very slow, to the point of doing nothing, I am having to chase every step of the way. Hoping to have the op done within next few weeks!

Top Bottom