Spent over £140 on Assos shorts and look....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Under the sales of goods act 1979 the product is clearly not fit for it's indented purpose and as such, the shop you bought them from should either refund you the money or swap out the shorts. Assos does not need to get involved from your point of view, as the shop sold you the product and not Assos.

P.H

Über Member
gaz said:
the product is clearly not fit for it's indented purpose and as such, the shop you bought them from should either refund you the money or swap out the shorts.

Says who?
Do you think a retailer is obliged to accept the purchasers opinion that they weren't fit for purpose at the time of purchase?
What if (And I'm not suggesting this is the case);
The instructions say was at 30c and they've been washed at 90C?
Or there is a fault with the saddle and it's been rubbing?
Or they were far too small and the material has been stretched beyond it's design?
Or I could think of a dozen other scenarios. Would it be reasonable to expect the retailer to be able to determine this?
You are right that the retailer is obliged to make right a faulty item. You're wrong if you think they are not permitted to take reasonable steps to determine whether they were faulty at the time of purchase. They can use a third party to do this, that third party can me the manufacturer, distributer or anyone else with the expertise or understanding of the product.

Even in Germany with the best consumer legislation in Europe the retailer is permitted reasonable time, as I experienced with a Vaude product purchased from a German shop, which took a month to resolve.

andyhunter

Assos could potentially try and say your bike position is incorrect thus resulting in one side of your thighs wearing away the bib shorts which in turn are rubbing against your saddle so it does not look like the material or batch quality was poor. But i think they should give you another pair as i cant see them getting a bad rep.

Tynan

Veteran
Been wearing the same pair of Assos (low end) bi shorts 5 days a week for nealry a year and they still look as good as the day I got them, getting a pair into a state after three rides sounds odd, if there's pilling there must have been some sort of rubbing going on

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I'd agree with topcat1 - it looks like velcro damage.
Have you a waterproof jacket with any on? The bottom end of a storm flap covering the zip would be about right.

Top Bottom