Spesh Roubaix - what are it's rivals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haffers

Hi, still looking to get a Roubaix as next bike but was curious as to what other bikes people would suggest as being close rivals? Appreciate there is a mark-up on Specialized but have grown to love them.

Keeping the Allez for the sportives but getting into Audax more so want more comfort on the 200, 300 & 400 KM rides as well as a good bike for LEJOG and Ireland end-to-end next year.

All recommendations appreciated :-)

thanks
Jim

rb58

Enigma
Enigma Etape. Fabulously versatile bike. And being titanium, you won't need to worry about it melting in the rain like carbon does :laugh:

potsy

Rambler
I was ogling some Sabbath Ti bikes in the lbs a few weeks ago, if I had the funds they would be on my shopping list for a fast, all day audax type bike :thumbsup:

For an Audax bike at that budget, I'd be looking at building up a decent touring/winter frame with an Apex groupset and mudguards..

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
When I was in the market for a "sportive" bike a few years ago, I narrowed it down to the Specialized Roubaix and the Felt Z35. I test rode both and liked both very much. Not a lot to choose between them, but I ended up going for the Z35 mainly because it was a bit cheaper and slightly better spec.

In the current range, the Z5 would probably be the nearest equivalent model to the Roubaix Elite.
http://www.feltbicycles.com/United-Kingdom/2012/Road/Z-Series/Z5.aspx

I've done 200, 300, 400 and 600km audaxes on the Z35. Very comfortable over long distances, as long as you fit a decent saddle (I don't like the one that came with the bike for anything much longer than 100km).

d.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The Spesh Roubaix are amazingly comfortable bikes. If you enjoy riding your Allez then I can imagine You will not be disappointed if you purchase a Roubaix. However you do pay a bit more for the Spesh name. They can't compete with online retailers like Ribble, Rose, Canyon, Planet X etc. But with a original owner lifetime frame warranty and the wonderful smooth ride, then it may be worth it.

My Roubaix is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden.. and have had a few over the years.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Lots of alternatives, in addition to the ones already suggested:
Trek Madone 3/4/5/6 series (3.1 & 3.5 in particular highly rated for VFM, recent C+ group test winner)
Look 566
Orbea Onix
Focus Izalco Ergoride (another top score from C+ for this one)
Bianchi Infinito
To name but a few...

frayBentos59

Specialized OCD
I bought the roubaix elite earlier this year and I have to say it is the most amzing bike. I absolutely adore it. comfort levels are beyond belief. It will now be coming down to 1800 in a lot of stores soon. I'm sure you'll get LBS down a bit further too. Do it!! Buy the elite! You'll wont regret it! :thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
where do we all stand when it comes to disc brakes? Fantastic on my crosstrail but too weighty for a road bike?

For every day riding, no. For road racing, then maybe.
Have disc brakes on my commuter. A Kona Honky Inc.
Which is in effect a road bike with disc brakes.

Top Bottom