Spiders.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
I was mowing the grass and had the b'jeezuz scared out of me by a frog which jumped up in front of me!
Lucky for the frog or else it would have been chopped up by the blade.

Milo

Guru
Hate them. Can deal with them up to a point. It's when the big bastard in the shed comes scuttling out to say hello I come over all cowardly.

Arch

Married to Night Train
No the fear is instilled in us by other people.
I used to put spiders in my nieces hand when she was a little girl and she loved them but her mum and dad are both pansies.
So consequently she grew up being scared of them.

My sister is really not happy about thunder and lightning. She's trying very hard not to let that influence her boys - I've been there when it thundered, and she's been sitting there forcing herself to be casual, instead of doing what she wants to do, which is hide in the cupboard under the stairs.

Incidentally, that's not down to our parents or nurture. I'm completely relaxed about thunder and lightning, bar the one occasion I was caught out in a storm on top of a moor, and even then, I just took what action I could to minimise risk, hunkered down and waited for it to pass. And she's not bothered by spiders and stuff. Thunder is just the thing she's scared of.

BlueDog

Veteran
And here's one of those little creatures which I found in my bath on Sunday morning. Normally I'm Ok with spiders, but he was a little on the large size (shame I've out the BBQ away....).
image.jpg

I put him outside, but I do wonder how they get on once they are out of their comfort zone.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I get 2+" leg span spiders tap tapping across my kitchen floor quite frequently during the winder months.

There is really huge one living in the plug hole in the guest bathroom. I'd like to catch it and put it outside but I fear at some point it will end up getting drowned or scolded when the bath is next cleaned in readiness for guests.:sad:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I get 2+" leg span spiders tap tapping across my kitchen floor quite frequently during the winder months.

There is really huge one living in the plug hole in the guest bathroom. I'd like to catch it and put it outside but I fear at some point it will end up getting drowned or scolded when the bath is next cleaned in readiness for guests.:sad:

Does it come up into the bath sometimes? If you leave a towel or something hanging over the edge, down into the bath, it'll have something to climb up to get out of the bath and get away.

(It'll probably come and visit you in the kitchen!)

Night Train

Maker of Things
Does it come up into the bath sometimes? If you leave a towel or something hanging over the edge, down into the bath, it'll have something to climb up to get out of the bath and get away.

It does come up sometimes, that's how I've seen it a few times.

I can let it escape but I would rather put it out so it can hunt grey squirrels.^_^

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

Brilliant! Rather like leaving a staircase of stacked bricks to allow hedgehogs to escape from cattle grids.:bravo:

Top Bottom