Spinning Classes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I am Spartacus said:
No I am not being frivolous at all... but I have had a few years under me belt in the fitness game and have YET (touch wood) to be confronted by a potential life and death situation brought on by over exertion...
All instructors should have a current CPR cert.
Again all your need is the knowledge and training.... Red Cross etc
The plod may have been thinking about de fibs.. only some establishments have them.

However this is the point.. we are NOT medics.. I would NOT like to shoot a cardiac arrest bod with whatever volts these things have...
It has been proven time and time again that CPR can save lives if you knuckle down and get on with it UNTIL the emergency services arrive on scene.
Everyone can do their bit
http://www.redcross.org.uk/standard.asp?id=40686
Fair enough.

I know that the "word" around the gym was that the first fatality was related to a pre-existing condition, but I cannot comment on the second as I just don't know.

Good point on the administering of Aid, I'm not sure I would like to have to use one of those high voltage devices myself...funny enough I am attending the St john first aid at work course on the 17/18/19 so may, one day, be asked to.

But in all seriousness, if there is such thing as an "instructors" network then please feel free to try and find out what happened as I think it stinks that it was not reported at all.

2 hour long classes? :laugh:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Smudgley said:
2 hour long classes? :laugh:

A double 1 hour class..they ran from about 6.30 in the evening at Virgin, so I would often join the first class (replacing the pedals with my own the clipless ones...I even carried my own spanner!!) and carry on through the next...I really had no trouble doing it at the time... I was a bit addictied.

Ranger

jonny jeez said:
Fair enough.

I know that the "word" around the gym was that the first fatality was related to a pre-existing condition, but I cannot comment on the second as I just don't know.

Good point on the administering of Aid, I'm not sure I would like to have to use one of those high voltage devices myself...funny enough I am attending the St john first aid at work course on the 17/18/19 so may, one day, be asked to.

But in all seriousness, if there is such thing as an "instructors" network then please feel free to try and find out what happened as I think it stinks that it was not reported at all.

Defibs are easy enough to use, they have a little woman inside them that tells you what to do (most married men find that quite normal) but you will not cover them in a standard first aid at work course, it is an extra half days training annually where you learn more about what a defibrillator does.

They actually stop the heart beating by passing an electric current through the chest and then the heart will hopefully start beating in a normal way :angry: instead of fibrillating (pumping without a rhythm)

Top Bottom