Spit or Swallow... What's the etiquette....

Spit or swallow the insect

• Man (or person up) up and swallow.... after all protein is protein whatever the source...

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Urrrggggghhhhh! spit it out pronto.....

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When you swallow an insect on a ride......

Edit: as @ianrauk pointed out.... What I actually mean is when you get an insect in your mouth rather than swallow it initially....

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Poor mans croutons.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I didn't have the choice this evening ... The damn creature that got wedged at the back of my throat was making me gag so I coughed it out as soon as I could! I think it left a few legs behind because I was coughing and spluttering for the next couple of kms.

sight-pin

Veteran
Caught this little sod last year, tastes vilexx(

Attachments

• 147.JPG
    147.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 25

screenman

Legendary Member
Be difficult to be a vegetarian on some of the routes around these parts., Cough, splitter or swallow sometimes you do not get an option.

ClaireSaud

Veteran
I've always disliked seeing people spit so I have never done it. On Friday's commute I got a large fly in my throat and couldn't bring myself to spit it out. Had to swallow the bleeder! Luckily had water with me but yuk....wish I could have spat it out!

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Swallow it...it might be enough to stop you bonking :laugh: If you do spit make sure you aim squarely at the face of the rider behind as everyone ever seems to do on a group ride.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Swallow it...it might be enough to stop you bonking :laugh: If you do spit make sure you aim squarely at the face of the rider behind as everyone ever seems to do on a group ride.
The hayfever sufferers are prone to sharing

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Cough up as much as you can, usually leaving a wing or two and maybe a leg, and spit the rest out!
An over the shoulder glance should be performed to avoid sharing the remains of said bug!

Top Bottom