Spitting Image puppetry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Current political leadets are self-ironying. No need for puppets or scriptwriters or even a controlling hand stuffed up where the sun doesnt shine.

Brains

Legendary Member
Current political leadets are self-ironying. No need for puppets or scriptwriters or even a controlling hand stuffed up where the sun doesnt shine.

At least for Trump they wont need to find a mimic or even write the script.
Just select a suitable bit of recording from that week and then play along

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I don't know i mean, perhaps we should ask Phil Collins?

Wotcha think Phil?................

GL965221.jpg

I think he approves!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
The puppets were always good, the problem is the writing was terrible by the end. The same tired writers re-writing the same tired jokes. Viewing figures were awful by the time they pulled the show. So although it's good to see the new puppets, the writing will be key and I think we're far more delicate and quick to take offence now than in the 80s. That Tory cabinet vegetables joke would absolutely not be made now.

What was unusual about Spitting Image is it lampooned both sides of the political spectrum equally. Comedy writers tend to be left wing because they serve the same role as court jesters - poking fun at authority and those in power. In general, the left wing doesn't tend to hold power for long, if at all.

stephec

Legendary Member
The puppets were always good, the problem is the writing was terrible by the end. The same tired writers re-writing the same tired jokes. Viewing figures were awful by the time they pulled the show. So although it's good to see the new puppets, the writing will be key and I think we're far more delicate and quick to take offence now than in the 80s. That Tory cabinet vegetables joke would absolutely not be made now.

Considering what Jimmy Carr calls humour they could get away with a lot worse.

Top Bottom