AI image generation failures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Post any AI image generation failures here.

I'll start with this one that appeared on my Facebook feed. She's only got one arm that loops around her body!

failure.jpg

Jody

Stubborn git
No one's looking at their arm :laugh:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
coincidentally, i was watching a YT video yesterday about how AI really struggles to get hands right. Unlike the rest of the body, hands have far too many variations and not enough reference images for the AI bot to draw from... so it has to guess. And being a somewhat naïve robot that grabs information on the fly, AI doesn't actually 'know' what a hand is.

It's also not very good at groups of people, it'll draw five people but the leg count can be all wrong, and two left feet is common, as is knees located halfway down the shin. The closer you look, the more freaky it gets :unsure:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..

I'll start with this one that appeared on my Facebook feed. She's only got one arm that loops around her body!

View attachment 720855

Tbh if she actually existed I'd be prepared to overlook the loopy mono-arm :wub:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
If you're interested in conversational A.I. check out nomi.ai , the most natural I've tried . They also do a little image generation on the side but that's no better than most of the others.

Alex321

Veteran

View attachment 720855

I can't see that at all. He left hand is inside the sleeve of her right arm, while her right hand is presumably behind her left arm.

A perfectly reasonable pose, and to me there is nothing at all wrong with that image that would make me think it might even be an AI generated image.

markemark

Über Member
coincidentally, i was watching a YT video yesterday about how AI really struggles to get hands right. Unlike the rest of the body, hands have far too many variations and not enough reference images for the AI bot to draw from... so it has to guess. And being a somewhat naïve robot that grabs information on the fly, AI doesn't actually 'know' what a hand is.

It's also not very good at groups of people, it'll draw five people but the leg count can be all wrong, and two left feet is common, as is knees located halfway down the shin. The closer you look, the more freaky it gets :unsure:
Indeed. Lots of obvious fails. But I’d give it 3 or 4 years and it’ll be perfect.

AndyRM

XOXO
I can't see that at all. He left hand is inside the sleeve of her right arm, while her right hand is presumably behind her left arm.

A perfectly reasonable pose, and to me there is nothing at all wrong with that image that would make me think it might even be an AI generated image.

I would. The angles are all wrong for what you're suggesting. The cleavage is there to distract you from how much of a disaster that image is.

AI? Maybe.

Dodgy Photoshop? Definitely.

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member

Her right hand might be inside her sleeve but her left arm must be extremely thin.

Top Bottom