1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spoiled outing to the velodrome

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Renard, 9 Sep 2007.

1. Renard

Renard Guest

2. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

I got a baseball bat you can borrow...............

3. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Does it have nails sticking out of it to add to the pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

You were going to ride round a velodrome for three hours?
    Well I've got a much more exciting task for you, I've just painted a wall in my flat and I want you to watch it for me and notify me the instant it dries.

5. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

Could be worse, you could be riding up and down a bit of dirt on a poor man's MX bike. Yawn! As we all know, gravity does all the work, all you need to do is hang on. Skill? I think not!

6. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

yeah right. :blush:

7. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

must be the curse of the velodrome. last (well, the one) time i came out after a session, i found the car dead as a dodo. eventually traced to an iffy battery connection, but nearly ruined a great night and meant i missed/was spared getting a mcd's on the way home.

8. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

Well, you must admit, not much skill is there and you don't even need to be fit - by the looks of all the biffas you see on full sussers!

Riding on dirt? I grew out of that as a kid.:ohmy:

9. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

How much is time at the velodrome? Moving up to Manchester on Saturday, and fancy giving it a go...

10. alecstilleyedye

not sure sam, but through my local club it was £8 for bike hire and £8 for an evening's riding, with coaching included (a must if you've never done it before).

details here probably

11. 515mm

515mm Well-Known Member

It does look like a fun way to spend a couple of hours. Riding a fixed wheel bike indoors on a slope of what? 30 degrees? Hmmmm......

12. alecstilleyedye

42° :blush:

13. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Is that it?:ohmy:
    I woudlnt mind giving it a go. I'll be able to see how fast i can go, although i think i would get bored going round and round for a couple of hours.

14. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

Looked it up - it's £7 for an hour's 'taster session' with coaching, bike hire and helmet included. I am booking myself on for a go in a couple of weeks, seems like an amusing use of my time (and who knows, it could turn out that I am a future world champion or something).

15. Jonathan M

Jonathan M New Member

It is interesting just to do a taster session or two to get the hang of riding a fixed wheel bike, and as for riding the banking, first looks just made me feel as though I was going to be sliding down it on my arse. But it isn't something that I would see myself doing regularly.