Spoiled outing to the velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I got a baseball bat you can borrow...............

bonj2

You were going to ride round a velodrome for three hours?
Well I've got a much more exciting task for you, I've just painted a wall in my flat and I want you to watch it for me and notify me the instant it dries.

papercorn2000

Could be worse, you could be riding up and down a bit of dirt on a poor man's MX bike. Yawn! As we all know, gravity does all the work, all you need to do is hang on. Skill? I think not!

bonj2

papercorn2000 said:
Could be worse, you could be riding up and down a bit of dirt on a poor man's MX bike. Yawn! As we all know, gravity does all the work, all you need to do is hang on. Skill? I think not!

yeah right. :blush:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
must be the curse of the velodrome. last (well, the one) time i came out after a session, i found the car dead as a dodo. eventually traced to an iffy battery connection, but nearly ruined a great night and meant i missed/was spared getting a mcd's on the way home.

papercorn2000

bonj said:
yeah right. :blush:

Well, you must admit, not much skill is there and you don't even need to be fit - by the looks of all the biffas you see on full sussers!

Riding on dirt? I grew out of that as a kid.:ohmy:

SamNichols

How much is time at the velodrome? Moving up to Manchester on Saturday, and fancy giving it a go...

515mm

It does look like a fun way to spend a couple of hours. Riding a fixed wheel bike indoors on a slope of what? 30 degrees? Hmmmm......

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
alecstilleyedye said:
Is that it?:ohmy:
I woudlnt mind giving it a go. I'll be able to see how fast i can go, although i think i would get bored going round and round for a couple of hours.

SamNichols

Looked it up - it's £7 for an hour's 'taster session' with coaching, bike hire and helmet included. I am booking myself on for a go in a couple of weeks, seems like an amusing use of my time (and who knows, it could turn out that I am a future world champion or something).

Jonathan M

It is interesting just to do a taster session or two to get the hang of riding a fixed wheel bike, and as for riding the banking, first looks just made me feel as though I was going to be sliding down it on my arse. But it isn't something that I would see myself doing regularly.

Top Bottom