SPOILER: STAGE 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Love the Tour. Totally unpredictable finish. No way was I backing Pettachi.

I want to see a decent replay of that first crash in the last 3km. ITV4 were suggesting it was Cav who was the rider who lost control on the bend and took folk out. Martin was suggesting that Cav was caught behind the carnage, though. If it was Cav again apart from his damaged reputation I wonder if any action will be taken? it certainly won't go down well (excuse the pun) in the Peleton.

Crankarm said:
http://nos.nl/video/169582-valpartij-in-tour-door-hond.html

The rider held up the most seems to have been David Millar who did such a good opening TT yesterday. What rotten luck. The owner of the dog that let it stray out into the road causing the crash should be prosecuted.
I heard Millar had a crash but I didn't realise it was so stupid, what idiot takes a dog to an event like that and doesn't have a leash on them :rofl:

Genman

HLaB said:
I heard Millar had a crash but I didn't realise it was so stupid, what idiot takes a dog to an event like that and doesn't have a leash on them :rofl:

There was another unleashed dog about 10 kilometres from the finish, fortunately this one ran after a water bottle that a rider had flung on the grass verge at the roadside.

Genman

HLaB said:
I want to see a decent replay of that first crash in the last 3km. ITV4 were suggesting it was Cav who was the rider who lost control on the bend and took folk out. Martin was suggesting that Cav was caught behind the carnage, though. If it was Cav again apart from his damaged reputation I wonder if any action will be taken? it certainly won't go down well (excuse the pun) in the Peleton.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5tqtj8roMQ

Stephen-D

Ashtrayhead said:
But on Eurosport you're missing Carlton Kirby wibbling on at every opportunity about something that's happened to him. I'm sure he makes half them up!
Ashtrayhead said:
I'd be interested to know what sort of lenses Tyler Farrar recommends.

That made me Laugh a lot, hate that bloody advert because ive seen it sooooo many times.

I have recorded it on HD so will be watching it tonight when i get home from work, will be peddling like a mad Scotsman to get back to watch it, hope no dogs run into me, im 13 stone will hurt the dog a lot. looks like a lot of controversy and thanks to Crankarm i watched what happened her on works PC.

Genman said:

Cheers ;)

I can't speak French ? but somehow that commentary was better than ITV4.

HLaB said:
Cheers :wacko:

I can't speak French ? but somehow that commentary was better than ITV4.

I found a cure for crap Tour commentary.

1) Announce you can not take it anymore.
2) Reach for remote and mute TV.
3) Obtain a relative, and ask them to commentate, alternatively, commentate for them. That way, they get educated and will begin to understand why you cycle.

Win-win.

Top Bottom