[SPOILER] :Three days de Panne

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
Bloody hell :wacko:
Sagan got it by half a tub, but only because he moved across slightly on Demare who actually put a hand out onto Sagan's back mid-sprint to warn him him that he was being blocked. S apologised though.

raindog

er.....
Some people on twitter saying Sagan blocked Démare. Looked fine to me.
Demare was definitely hampered - would have won without that. Wasn't deliberate though.

FD*ckin Eurosport!! 1k to go and once again the recorded program ends. It can't be that hard to extend the program so the planner doesn't cut out like that. That's with adding 5 mins to the end of every program. :cursing:
Anyone posting a video of the finish? :biggrin:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Great tactics again by Sagan - he knows he can't guarrantee a win if there's a big bunch sprint and Cav, Greipel, Kittel and Cioleck et al. are still there, but he also knows he has the ability to shake off most of the pure sprinters with an attack that will whittle down the bunch to a much more select group in which he does have a better chance. He isn't all just enthusiasm...

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Looking at that again, it seems not so much a case of Sagan coming off his line as being caught out by the bend because he has his head down. If he hadn't looked up, he'd have done an Abdoujaparov!

Another fine win by Sagan, so close, would not like to have been the guy to call it. Good day for French riders too all in all, 4 in the top 10 I think

OP
OP
Monsieur Remings
What impressed me most about Sagan was how he left it to the last minute, with Milan-San-Remo still in his mind. He is like a one man team though, the way he scattered the bunch shows his true class - Team Sky are good at that ...that is...as a team.

I've never watched this race before and it was thoroughly absorbing stuff. It looked to be a lightning pace at times.

And I couldn't see anything wrong with Sagan's line but the angle may have been misleading.

OP
OP
Monsieur Remings
A bit of trivia - I was wandering round the bus park at the start of this year's Besseges and got chatting to one of the An Post mechanics, who was lifting bikes down from a car roof rack. I noticed that the team are using Vitus bikes this season and mentioned to him that Kelly won alot of his stuff on a Vitus. Then he showed me a small sticker that they'd put on every top tube.......

so I took a photo :smile:

View attachment 20971

It's very difficult not to be inspired by Sean Kelly.

raindog

er.....
Sean pretty much designs bikes for Vitus, is also a brand ambassador.
Vitus have had their ups and downs and went bust again about four years ago I think. Do you know if Sean had anything to do with them starting up again? Apparently their new range of frames get really good reviews.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Vitus have had their ups and downs and went bust again about four years ago I think. Do you know if Sean had anything to do with them starting up again? Apparently their new range of frames get really good reviews.

The Vitus brand is now owned by CRC, Sean's input has been in the geometry and the ride qualities of the frame and the rest appears to be marketing and promotion such as the limited edition which bears his name.
http://road.cc/content/news/31602-vitus-team-sean-kelly-again-2012-road-range

Top Bottom