Spoiler : Tour of Oman. 11 - 16 Feb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Wiggins dropped? Yeah "peaking" and "don't want to go into the red" and "giro" and bla bla bla but it doesn't look good. Nibali after all is also targeting the Giro and he seems to be doing alright. Let's hope I am wrong, but he did seem to start his training a little late...even admitting to binge drinking until his accident. I'm sure it is nothing to worry about... Sky have proven that they know what they are doing after all

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
This makes me smile...

sagan.jpg

Wiggins dropped? Yeah "peaking" and "don't want to go into the red" and "giro" and bla bla bla but it doesn't look good. Nibali after all is also targeting the Giro and he seems to be doing alright. Let's hope I am wrong, but he did seem to start his training a little late...even admitting to binge drinking until his accident. I'm sure it is nothing to worry about... Sky have proven that they know what they are doing after all
pretty pleased I did not include Wiggins in my teams then.

Where'd you hear he started binge drinking. I know he's something of an alcoholic but I haven't heard that.

I don't think he got dropped, on the first stage he got caught behind a crash and didn't get the 3km rule for some reason. He looked alright up the admmitedly small climbs in stage 2.

Radchenister

Veteran
Perhaps he's just letting Froomey have a go as the uncontested boss ;) ?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Where'd you hear he started binge drinking. I know he's something of an alcoholic but I haven't heard that.

I don't think he got dropped, on the first stage he got caught behind a crash and didn't get the 3km rule for some reason. He looked alright up the admmitedly small climbs in stage 2.

He stated he was drinking a lot and not training much up to his accident in an interview. He said that the accident kick started his enthusiasm to train again.

tigger

Über Member
It's difficult to know where Wiggins is form wise at the moment. Froome was stated as the protected man for Oman so it's only a training ride with domestique duties for Wiggins anyway. It's a case of wait and see, but my take is that he got caught out pissing around at the back of the peloton on stage 1, perhaps happy to lose time to Froome to make it clear he's not in the reckoning for this race. Stage 2 was a standard finish with the pack and stage 3 he sat up and rolled in with the rest of the team? Until he races in anger, it's just a guessing game.

That said, he does look quite a lot heavier at the moment compared to last year

http://www.teamsky.com/gallery/0,27401,17553_8497595,00.html#photo=13

raindog

er.....
He was "dropped" on today's stage, but I think it was more the fact that he did a hard stint for the team at the front in the last 5ks then just eased off - I don't think he's after a result in Oman.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Yep, I am really warming to this way of doing the highlights. I think they only do it just to rub in the fact that Qatar is so flat an unspectacular in comparison, and if they can't be as rich as Qatar, they can certainly be both quirkier and more scenic.

That was a very strong win by Sagan too - it was the kind of nasty sort sharp shock that Gilbert or Rodriguez would normally kick everyone's arse on, so far from just a straight up sprint.

Top Bottom