(Spoilers) Ronde van Vlaanderen. 31/03/13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beastie

Guru
It could be very interesting this year. There are some questions to be answered.

Is Boonen gonna feature?

Will Spartacus drop em all and solo home?

Can Sky get right in the mix?

Can anyone stop Peter "Wheelie" Sagan?

Ooh I can't wait.

BJH

Über Member
Yes, some very big questions there that should be fantastic to watch unfold

Paragan

Regular
It could be very interesting this year. There are some questions to be answered.

Is Boonen gonna feature?

Can Sky get right in the mix?

Can anyone stop Peter "Wheelie" Sagan?

Ooh I can't wait.
Hi,
I think there is only one question:

He showed on E3 great form.He is definitely timing his form for these two weekends.If he will not have tech.problems and crash:pump: this Sunday will be about:Who can stay with Fabian Ch.?
Sagan has great form,Boonen strong team,Sky has very good team but will be all this enough and keep Fabian with them and will be not his another Flanders Time trail?
P.s.I am big fan of P.Sagan and want to see him win this race but he is not strong like Fabian is.If Fabian will escape team who can chase him is only quick step b/c you need at least 3 strong people bring him back which means only quick step could do that.
Go go Peter:bicycle:
Have a good weekend.

The Couch

Über Member
If Fabian will escape team who can chase him is only quick step b/c you need at least 3 strong people bring him back which means only quick step could do that...

I agree 90%, that it's Cancelara that might go for the solo (more than anybody else), but I do believe that the question should be extended to this: Will Spartacus drop em all (including Sagan) and solo home? :smile:since for most people Sagan is definetely as much favourite as Sagan.
Personally I give the edge to Cancellara because of his experience (and proven solo work in this race (and PR), which is why I still mostly agree with the statement.

Don't know if 3 people working together - at that point in the race - is actually enough to catch him, if he is strong enough to gap them (e.g. on the last climb of the Kwaremont), then I don't expect him to be caught. Since history has shown little precedent that people strongest on the clombs get caught back during the last flat piece.
OPQ should at least have 2 people available (Vandenbergh and Chavanel) and possibly 2 other people which the form is more difficult to predict (Boonen and Terpstra), but that being said, I believe that Sky actually has the team as well to still have 3 good guys available - Hayman, Stannard and Thomas - (you could include EBH here as well, but personally I expect him more in PR.
Other teams will mostly likely only have one guy up front (e.g. Flecha, Langeveld, Gatto, Paolini, Roelandts, Pozzato, Amador, Voeckler, Oss, Degenkolb?, Breschel?, Wynants?, Offredo?, Bozic?).
Hell, even Cancellara and Sagan shouldn't be hoping to see many teammates around them past the 230km mark. :smile:

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
My tip, Greg Van Avermaet, decent placing last year and likely to be a dark horse (assuming Sagan and Cancellara cancel each other out and Boonen is still under par). Chavanel has also shown decent form recently. Going to be fascinating!!

OP
OP
beastie

beastie

Guru
Thomas is definitely number one rider for Sky, but the will also use their collective might to try and cover multiple options, according to Thomas and Knaven. Sagan seems pretty tranquilo, and is playing down any rivalry between him and Spartacus.

I would love to see Thomas take the win, but part of me is looking forward to Sagans next victory salute.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Should be a great race. Disappointed I won't be able to watch live coverage.

I'll be cheering Geraint Thomas all the way but not with huge amounts of confidence, tbh.

zizou

Veteran
Fabians race notes have been leaked ;)

Screenshot_2013-03-29-23-34-05.jpg

Going to put my £££ behind Sylvan Chavanel for this one. More exciting to not pick a favourite.
Cancellara and Sagan will be there about's too no doubt. Thomas, i think, isn't quite there yet but will cheer him on.
Boonen can't be discounted as all his prep will be going into this and Roubaix. I'd like to see a different Boonen today as the past few weeks he's been way off. Hope it was all prep.

Really looking forward to this as i am wrapped in a blanket and riddled with man flu. Bored.com.

Top Bottom