Spoke protector for Giant P-R2 wheel (28h)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
OK, I know that opinions are divided about whether or not you should use these things but, right or wrong, cool or lame, useful or useless, does anyone know where I can get one from?

Not decided which cassette to put on yet but the largest would be a 30T.

Thanks.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Plenty on eBay for about £2 upwards

AndyRM

XOXO
I'll be removing one this weekend. Dunno if it makes a difference, but it's a Shimano hub on a 29er. PM me your address if you fancy it.

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
I've got about 6 of them kicking around but the trouble is they're specific to the about of spokes on the wheel so non of them fit my wheel. I tried eBay (and Wiggle and Chain Reaction and Amazon......) but nobody sells one for a 28h freehub wheel. I could just cut the little tabs off, it's not going to go anywhere it'll just spin. But my OCD won't let me, somewhere, there must be the right bit of plastic.

AndyRM - thanks for the very kind offer but, as I said above, I'm pretty sure the spacing of the attaching tabs will be wrong (I spent a very frustrating half an hour last night trying to get one to fit).

Bugger it - I'll just have to leave it off and go eau naturelle!

sgl5gjr

Most get binned by LBS and Mobile Mechanics during a service as they age badly and get brittle.... hence why some come in and go out without them. Getting a replacement to suit is a PITA and most customers are happy that their bike is serviced properly and their chain will not come off into their spokes....

Top Bottom