Sports Direct doesn't do returns anymore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
The £10 you need to pay for the 2nd item is taken out of the £22 credit for the 1st item leaving you with £12 credit.

Sandra6

Veteran
Sports Direct's returns policy has always been a bit sketchy to say the least, but on this occasion I think the person at the till got a bit confused.
I had to return a pair of trainers as they didn't fit, they offered an exchange but they didn't have anything that did fit, yet still they refused the refund.
I ended up finding somebody in the store who was making a purchase who was willing to give me the cash and take my credit in return.
I don't shop there if I can help it.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
[QUOTE 4968491, member: 21629"]Yeabbut.
Let's say I'll buy another item for £12. I still will need to pay these £12. So what's the point of that credit if I'm given no money back at all and still need to pay full price for other items?
My silly blonde woman's brain refuse to understand this new system. I took original item back home and it's been my last time ever at Sports Direct.[/QUOTE] If you buy another item for £12 that will be paid for out of the remaining £12 credit you have left.

Won't buy from them anymore. Quite a few "premium" brands have been bought out by sd. They have stripped quality out totally. I bought some Dunlop steel toecap boots about 5 months ago. Insides are totally wrecked already. Only worn 4 days a week.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4968519, member: 21629"]As I said - I still cannot catch it. I was able to take anything else for £22 but I still would need to pay full price. Is that what's called "credit"? Pay double price for the item?[/QUOTE]
You mean they were trying to treat it as two seperate transactions. You pay for the item you wanted, and they also wanted to take it from the credit note being issued.

Charge you twice? Sounds as though someone on the till needs a bit more training.

[QUOTE 4968442, member: 21629"]"we don't do returns anymore, we do credit instead"[/QUOTE]

They never have done monetary refunds on in store purchases IME.

I do use them sometimes but I check, double check, and then make really sure that I won't need to return an item before I buy from them.

PK99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4968565, member: 21629"]Correct ! That's what I wanted to say.

I bought the item yesterday in store. It's got all labels and proof of purchase. The problem is that our SD employs children only (the girl at the till I was talking to can easily be my daughter if I would have kids) and she was repeating that mantra "we don't do refunds, credit only".[/QUOTE]

you bought it in store. you have no automatic right to return it unless it is faulty.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4968539, member: 21629"]I'll try to give more clear example.

Let's say you buy a pair of shoes for £50. They're not good for you so you want to return them. Shoes are taken from you but you're given £0. Nothing. You're told you'll be given a credit. Ok, you find another item for £50. Person at the till asks you to pay £50 and he/she also says you've got no credit anymore. So technically you pay £100 for an item which price is £50.[/QUOTE]
Paying twice for the same item.

classic33

Leg End Member
you bought it in store. you have no automatic right to return it unless it is faulty.
Unless you've asked beforehand. If you've asked could they be returned and the answer was yes, then expect a credit note.

It was one reason they and others issued credit notes. The money spent would remain with them.

Top Bottom