Sports Direct doesn't do returns anymore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
There may have been a misunderstanding somewhere along the line. I think if you had carried on you would have got the second item 'free' and a £12 credit. Otherwise you could have returned the first item and got a £22 credit then immediately bought the second item using £10 credit.

Okay they don't do returns when not legally obliged to; however I doubt they are crediting less than the price you paid.

Last edited:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Quite a few people think that you are entitled to a refund no matter what. Almost all do but technically there is no obligation for in store purchases if you have simply changed your mind. No surprise that Mike Ashley land is different though.

When I worked at Primark as a kid we would have people kick off a couple of times a day because they couldn't return underwear or bikini bottoms - often with the "I've only tried it on once".

midlife

Guru
I'm really confused at what people are thinking ..., just use the credit note to pay for new item like it was your own cash.

midlife

Guru
[QUOTE 4968688, member: 21629"]I am not allowed to do that !!! I am required to pay my own money !!![/QUOTE]

They have made a mistake. Store credit / credit note is the equivalent of cash to them as it's being spent in their store.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm really confused at what people are thinking ..., just use the credit note to pay for new item like it was your own cash.
Going by the first post,
£22 item being returned, credit note issued.
New item, £10.
They wanted to take £10 out of the £22 credit.
£10 payment expected, for the new item.
Total cost of the new item £20.

They got the credit wrong.

midlife

Guru
Going by the first post,
£22 item being returned, credit note issued.
New item, £10.
They wanted to take £10 out of the £22 credit.
£10 payment expected, for the new item.
Total cost of the new item £20.

They got the credit wrong.

Ah right, re read the first post and indeed the checkout staff have cocked up! I'd try again and take a pencil and paper and write it down for them..

midlife

Guru
Take a pencil and shove it up the idiot of a cashiers nose, scream and shout until you get what is being described by many on here.

Reminded me of this :smile:

7f7b719ef771010966860834a81f61a4--blackadder-quotes-funny-memes.jpg

Top Bottom