'Spose I should confess really

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Panter said:
My commute is a 34 mile round trip, which in itself isn't too bad but a lot of it is down a national speed limit dual carrigeway, one section of which the narrow flanking lane stops on just as it hits the steep, fast descent where lots of motorists have died over the Years so I don't attempt it if its raining or icey as I feel its just too risky.

i don't think i'd cycle that very often either

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
As this is a confessions thread, back in the seventies before the environment was invented I used to park my car over a storm drain and undo the sump plug to get rid of the old oil.

Good quality oil, mind you. Always GTX or Duckhams.

Smokin Joe said:
As this is a confessions thread, back in the seventies before the environment was invented I used to park my car over a storm drain and undo the sump plug to get rid of the old oil.

Good quality oil, mind you. Always GTX or Duckhams.

I was going to confess that I havent ridden my bike since before xmas (and I only live a mile from work) but I cant compete with that ^ so I wont.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I've heard that the British motorist illeagally pours enough oil down the drains to match the amount spilt by the Amoco Cadiz, annualy.

This is not a go @ Smokin Joe BTW, just a disturbing fact I remember from my days as a grease monkey.

I am also happy to offset some of peoples carbon foot print as I've managed to never own a car or hold a full licence.

Tx

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Keep 'em coming please, offsets my feelings of guilt slightly :tongue:

Ok, this is probably my worst one yet :biggrin:

Once, as a spotty 17 Year old tearing round in my smoky old banger, I tooted at, and hollered abuse at cyclists on a club run for riding 2 abreast as I ignorantly thought it was against the law :blush:
Apologies if you're the cyclists reading this, I was pretty horrified when I later found out it was perfectly legal :blush:

Oh as for pouring oil directly down the drain, I'm absolutely horrified xx(
On my first car (as above) I would diligently catch all the used oil in an old container (every 50,000 miles or so;)) and then pour it down the drain which gave me an old, oil contaminated container to pop in the rubbish bin too............................

Pete

tdr1nka said:
I've heard that the British motorist illeagally pours enough oil down the drains to match the amount spilt by the Amoco Cadiz, annualy.
My father used to tip his onto the garden bonfire. "Forget paraffin. Forget petrol. Nothing like a canful of used sump oil to get a real blaze going..."

If you just remember that all the rest of the drivers in normal cars think that 4x4 refers to the size of your knob you will soon get rid if it!

My heart sank when Volvo brought out that 4x4 thing they have now and they started popping up on the school runs.

I really do not mind people in their gas guzzlers - each time they drive up the road they bung lots of money in fuel tax into the coffers which ultimately means less for the rest of us to pay.

Get a C class merc diesel - Great car to drive - not small or crap - and 55 + mpg (Wife gets 65 mpg on a run) Can't beat that in a Micra!

Over The Hill said:
If you just remember that all the rest of the drivers in normal cars think that 4x4 refers to the size of your knob

I'm having trouble picturing this particular knob :biggrin:

Top Bottom