Spotted for sale elsewhere: Vintage / Classic bikes, framesets and components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I was never a fan of the Curly (except for the fancy lugs!) but they do fetch good prices. I used to work with a guy who came to work on a nice red & chrome one.

The Rotrax track bike also has fancy lugs and seems in pretty good condition. Should also sell well.

(Likewise on the 'glad they're too big' ^_^)

nonowt

Über Member
Coming up for auction in Hampshire are this stunning and original-looking Hetchins - looks like a 60s Magnum Bonum to me
and this rather wonderful Rotrax, complete with spare wheelset.

I'm just glad they're both too big for me :whistle:

Ooh, they're nice. The Rotrax in particular. Like others I'm not a massive fan of the curly Hetchins (too showy) but that is a very nice one. But that Rotrax ...the more I look the nicer it gets. It's a relief it's too small and too far away.

Spotted a few nice late 90s numbers The Saleroom at an auction in East Sussex. This Raleigh Special Products 853 with Camp Chorus and another Raleigh with a titanium frame and 105 groupset. Finally this Eddy Merckx Strada-O.S. set up as a TT machine. The Raleighs have £5 opening bids and the Merckx starts at a whopping £12 (plus nearly 30% of commissions)

Boon 51

Veteran
Ooh, they're nice. The Rotrax in particular. Like others I'm not a massive fan of the curly Hetchins (too showy) but that is a very nice one. But that Rotrax ...the more I look the nicer it gets. It's a relief it's too small and too far away.

Spotted a few nice late 90s numbers The Saleroom at an auction in East Sussex. This Raleigh Special Products 853 with Camp Chorus and another Raleigh with a titanium frame and 105 groupset. Finally this Eddy Merckx Strada-O.S. set up as a TT machine. The Raleighs have £5 opening bids and the Merckx starts at a whopping £12 (plus nearly 30% of commissions)

I see the same bloke uses the no size system ? :smile:

Revive in Witchford, Cambs again... http://witchford.revivemarketplace.com/

Raleigh, rod brakes, SA hub gears. Deffo in need of TLC this one, but maybe worth saving?

product_img_20190330_5c9f426e26bcb-800x390.jpg

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I could buy both of the above and turn them into a lovely set of gates for Kempstonian Mansion. At 5ft 6in they are way too big for me to have any other use for them!

^_^^_^

Top Bottom