Spotted for sale elsewhere: Vintage / Classic bikes, framesets and components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Spotted at the recycling centre in Witchford, Cambs this afternoon... (http://witchford.revivemarketplace.com/)

Just come in, as it wasn't there yesterday, and it's not on the website yet, a Sun Solo in pale blue. 10 speed (the rear block is tiny!) plus it has cross top brake levers fitted. Not in too bad a nick, though the paint has flaked away from the seat tube in places. No rust on the frame that I could see.

Only downside, the frame is massive - it's at least 24 or 25 inches, possibly even bigger according to my guesstimate...

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A Nigel Dean that's been converted to flat bars in South Yorkshire for just twenty five notes;
https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/hybrid-cycle-18-gears/1348389951

midlife

Guru
It's a genuine San Remo, but probably 70's with the semi sloping cinelli MC fork crown and lack of mudguard eyes. The brazed on drilled fork crown tangs were deffo into the 70's. The metal headbadge was a random Falcon event, if the builder had a hangover then it was a foil decal. My chainstay bridge is on a real slant.!

Earlier ones had fully sloping fork crown and mudguard eyes. Being picky the blue is the wrong shade lol

At the current bid someone isn't getting a bargain IMHO.

Raleigh bought Carlton to add some cachet to their lightweight bikes. I think Raleigh bought *most* of their competitors BITD lol.
Worse thing ever to happen to Carlton Cycles Raleigh buying them out in one foul swoop they had a prestige hand built brand but cheapened the marque with their tight fisted build them cheap as possible mentality.When we were kids we all rode Carlton Racers because most of our Dads worked at the Cycles inc mine.Living in and around Worksop we would not be seen dead on a Raleigh but suddenly Carlton’s became badged up Raleigh’s they lost their identity even worse Sun started to appear at Carlton Cycles.Although Carlton’s gone they wont be forgotten in Worksop and surrounding areas more so where I live Carlton in Lindrick birthplace of Carlton nope We are not big fans of Raleigh up here.

Carltons keep turning up local to us I bought this one Saturday Carlton’s are like homing pigeons they need to come back to their birthplace. This ones original and been in a loft a good few years sleeping Corsair 531 23 .5 frame Hate the Raleigh influences but a good bike all the same and another one found

Attachments

• CF0E2C40-1471-41A2-86CB-7B4DAD522932.jpeg
    CF0E2C40-1471-41A2-86CB-7B4DAD522932.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 8
  • E58BFB61-E4A9-4ABD-982F-3CA202CDD654.jpeg
    E58BFB61-E4A9-4ABD-982F-3CA202CDD654.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 9

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Worse thing ever to happen to Carlton Cycles Raleigh buying them out in one foul swoop they had a prestige hand built brand but cheapened the marque with their tight fisted build them cheap as possible mentality.When we were kids we all rode Carlton Racers because most of our Dads worked at the Cycles inc mine.Living in and around Worksop we would not be seen dead on a Raleigh but suddenly Carlton’s became badged up Raleigh’s they lost their identity even worse Sun started to appear at Carlton Cycles.Although Carlton’s gone they wont be forgotten in Worksop and surrounding areas more so where I live Carlton in Lindrick birthplace of Carlton nope We are not big fans of Raleigh up here.
What year did Raleigh buy out Carlton?

Top Bottom