Spotted for sale elsewhere: Vintage / Classic bikes, framesets and components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thats good to know, lm sure you are right about Cinelli being the sole user of the size . I dont know when they changed but lm going to go to my workshop today and (CAREFULLY) measure all of the Cinelli stuff l have . :whistle:

You are right. Cinelli were the only ones to use 26.4. A quick check on velobase suggests that they started using 26.0 at some point in the 1980s (for some, unsubstantiated, reason I have '84 in my head). However, they were running both sizes in parallel for most models so be prepared to be confused:wacko:

woodbutcher

Veteran
You are right. Cinelli were the only ones to use 26.4. A quick check on velobase suggests that they started using 26.0 at some point in the 1980s (for some, unsubstantiated, reason I have '84 in my head). However, they were running both sizes in parallel for most models so be prepared to be confused:wacko:
Confused of Goujounac is my normal state and location ! So not to be confused would be really confusing for me, another glass of good Cahors red wine usually sorts me out :rolleyes:

midlife

Guru
Ah, didn't know that...

Quite sad really, Harry Quinn made classy frames, numbered with a stamped Q made from an O and an L. My two-up 25 partner Gary had a fab yellow Quinn.... I had a Woodrup :smile:. There's a list on the net.

Then he sold his name to Falcon who put his name on cheap bikes (like they did with Eddy Merckx) like the one in your link.

After a while Harry bought his name back and started to make nice frames again :smile: his best known later one was a gold plated lug anniversary edition :smile:. I'll have a Google for it.

midlife

Guru
Got my eye on this copper plated Quinn, only its silly money....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1971-Cus...2cea7eb987:g:rZcAAOSwHQxc1dP5&redirect=mobile

Reminds me of my copper plated Woodrup of a similar vintage

15dqsnq.jpg

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I have two "proper" HQs. They're very good. The '69 track bike is supposed to have been made by Harry himself and the '78 "racer" had quite low-end parts and a JIS fork (although the frame is a good d/b 531 from its weight), so probably made by Terry Dolan or someone else working at the shop.

southcoast

Über Member
I have two "proper" HQs. They're very good. The '69 track bike is supposed to have been made by Harry himself and the '78 "racer" had quite low-end parts and a JIS fork (although the frame is a good d/b 531 from its weight), so probably made by Terry Dolan or someone else working at the shop.

Any pictures?

midlife

Guru
Love the blue track bike :smile:, Bacon slicers? blimey they used some odd size Allen key seat bolts back then lol. Is that the original?

Top Bottom