Spotted for sale elsewhere: Vintage / Classic bikes, framesets and components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Probably pushing the definition of "vintage" but arguably interesting all the same: Raleigh R200 road bike in Witney on FB marketplace - from long after their golden era / after the rot had set in.

Boggo tigged Chromo frame with unicrown fork but from that interesting period (late '90s / early 2000s) where for a time you could get STI shifters (which are admittedly dicky on this example) on steel bikes. Looks like it needs work but honest enough and at £50 (probably with the potential to haggle) could make a good winter bike / commuter / shopper; although I'm not sure you'd have space for mudguards..

120037748_10220851788877572_6303757274827191491_o.jpg

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Probably pushing the definition of "vintage" but arguably interesting all the same: Raleigh R200 road bike in Witney on FB marketplace - from long after their golden era / after the rot had set in.

Boggo tigged Chromo frame with unicrown fork but from that interesting period (late '90s / early 2000s) where for a time you could get STI shifters (which are admittedly dicky on this example) on steel bikes for a while. Looks like it needs work but honest enough and at £50 (probably with the potential to haggle) could make a good winter bike / commuter / shopper; although I'm not sure you'd have space for mudguards..

View attachment 548491

It's got eyes at the front so should take guard's .

As you say a quick once over and that is good to go

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
It's got eyes at the front so should take guard's .

As you say a quick once over and that is good to go
Ta :smile:

Something like this would have been an ideal donor to have "reshelled" my old 2004 Giant when the frame cracked. Sadly I wasn't aware they existed at the time so got rid of the bike..

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Looks like a 58T front but a 17T back - so not as big as you might imagine. It'll be a 92"

Put it with a smaller rear cog and then you'd have fun ;)
Nice tight clearances though

Big John

Guru
The photo is a Schwinn Cruiser Deluxe 7 currently for sale at a bike charity called Back2bikes in Stafford. It's not an original, we're told, but manufactured maybe around 2006. Priced at £300 this will appeal to a collector. A real eye catcher but one you wouldn't ride to the pub!
I'm not the best photographer in the world (but possibly the worst) but this is in terrific condition despite bits of chrome looking a bit iffy on my photo. Ring 01785 257483 between 10am and 4pm any weekday if interested. Not my cup of tea but I'm sure there are some of you into this sort of thing 👍

Attachments

• IMG_1543.JPG
    IMG_1543.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom