Spraying Brompton in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pippo

Hi,

the paint of the back triangle of my 2014 Brompton got damaged in a clumsy fold (chain had come off).

Does anybody know of a reliable place in London to have it resprayed?

Many thanks in advance.

Kell

Veteran
Welcome.

This doesn't help, but Bromptons are powdercoated not painted.

Never had to have mine redone so no idea who does it well.

But it might help narrow down your search if you look for Powdercoating.

How bad is it? Any pics?

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pippo

Welcome.

This doesn't help, but Bromptons are powdercoated not painted.

Never had to have mine redone so no idea who does it well.

But it might help narrow down your search if you look for Powdercoating.

How bad is it? Any pics?
Thank you all. It looks rather bad to me, particularly given the very exposed location. Here's a picture.

Have been to the Brompton shop in Covent Garden ? Ask them for touch up paint.

OP
OP
P

pippo

Brompton lists the paint as out of stock on their website which, according to a person at the Covent garden shop, is the best indication of what the shop has. Apparently it is available at Condor Cycles. Thank you all for your help!

berlinonaut

Veteran
Brompton lists the paint as out of stock on their website which, according to a person at the Covent garden shop, is the best indication of what the shop has. Apparently it is available at Condor Cycles. Thank you all for your help!
Many Brompton Colors have RAL codes (while some are Pantone colors and some are neither of the two), so basically any shop that sells paint will be able to provide you with paint in the correct color. As your's seems so to be mate orange and (due to the state of the paint hopefully) not a 2020 model RAL 2004 is probably the correct color, judging from Brompton's support pages.

12boy

Guru
The tape seems wise to me. What is the black thing on the other chainstay? Having some paint handy will be needed sooner or later for the inevtable dings and scratches.

Top Bottom