Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Plus twos should be ok tho’. I once had a pair I got from Hebden Cord but somehow they shrank in the waist so had to go.
I have had entire wardrobes full of clothes that do that after a tough winter eating biscuits.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Hey chaps,what do you reckon to these?🤔

1626348188091.png

https://www.80scasualclassics.co.uk/trainers-c12/diadora-camaro-trainers-gold-flame-black-p17723

Diadorra trainers were popular in the late 1980's and early 1990's. I fancy doing a bit of time travelling.🧐

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Bargain of the year,so far?🤔

I bought this £130 denim jacket in Accrington this aft' for a mere 20 quid! And they gave me the quality hanger for free as well!! 🧐

Things are getting bad around here though! I had to knock on the door to be let in. Then when the shop assistant (or was she the owner?🤔) went to get a pair of trainers from the back for me to try on, she locked the door again so i couldn't run of with anything! :ohmy: Mind you,i did take mutt in in his pram,so she might've thought i was going to do a kind of trolley dash out the shop after loading the pram up with expensive clothes and shoes.🧐

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Perfect for a man 1/3rd your age.....
:laugh: tbf, my kids have used that line on me...(well they used "half", but you have a few years on me!)
Talking to some 20 odd year olds in the retro clothing shop i work in yesterday, i asked if those Diadorra retro trainers were too young for me. I pointed out before their reply that i wore such things when i was their age. They said they wouldn't wear them as that brand isn't considered to be a 'thing to buy' for their age group and that i should buy them, as when i was their age i wore them and i'm not buying trainers made for their generation. Meaning i'd say that i'm not trying to look 28 again.🤔

stephec

Legendary Member
He's right, they're aimed at us old ones who want to relive our youth, Adidas make plenty of retro trainers like Jeans Original, Munchen, and Spezial.

I've got a pair of Samba suede, all I need now is a Fila trackie top to complete the eighties football casual look. 😊

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I just wish that I had 1/10 of @Accy cyclist flair. I’m so staid.

I watch videos such as these for ideas and inspiration.:smile:

I avoid videos like the one below as i just cannot stand idiots shouting and waving their hands/arms about!!:stop:

See how long you can tolerate this idiot's antics. I turned it off after 15 seconds. Why he thinks all that in your face stuff is clever i just do not know!:headshake:

Last edited:

CharlesF

Guru
I watch videos such as these for ideas and inspiration.:smile:

I avoid videos like the one below as i just cannot stand idiots shouting and waving their hands/arms about!!:stop:

See how long you can tolerate this idiot's antics. I turned it off after 15 seconds. Why he thinks all that in your face stuff is clever i just do not know!:headshake:

Those are interesting, something new to watch. I have a Harrington jacket, but it's a no-name brand. The real deal (Barracuda G9) is expensive! But something to aspire to. Ebay here I come!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The real deal (Barracuda G9) is expensive! But something to aspire to. Ebay here I come!
I bought one in the early spring sales. It was more a winter one,being made out of thick corduroy. I could've kept it to wear in the autumn,but to be honest it was a bit 'old man(ish)' looking when on. Yes,i know i'm not a spring chicken,but even so it made me feel oldish wearing it,so i bought this online instead.

Notice the label's still attached. It's just a quirk of mine keeping labels attached,till I have to wash items and the labels have to be cut off.......and saved!

In a kitchen drawer. :secret:

Last edited:
Top Bottom